Wrestling Forum banner

Is Ziggler just glorified jobber of WWE?

• Yes

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 66 61.1%

Is Ziggler just glorified jobber of WWE?

10K views 97 replies 77 participants last post by  Dan Rodmon 
#1 ·
Is he? I like him but all he ever does is lose, lose and lose. What's the point of having him as the MITB winner?

#37 ·
I'm fucking sick of this IWC nuthugging of Dolph Ziggler. Go on demand his push and watch him flop harder than Swagger as World champion. Ziggler is a career midcarder and there is not a fucking thing wrong with that back in the 80's and 90's it was seen as a huge success to break through into midcard and become IC champion. Not every fucking IWC favorite have to be World champion just be happy he is showcased better than 85% of the roster.

#38 ·
I'm fucking sick of this IWC nuthugging of Dolph Ziggler. Go on demand his push and watch him flop harder than Swagger as World champion. Ziggler is a career midcarder and there is not a fucking thing wrong with that back in the 80's and 90's it was seen as a huge success to break through into midcard and become IC champion. Not every fucking IWC favorite have to be World champion just be happy he is showcased better than 85% of the roster.
That's the sad thing about the current state of wrestling. We live in a world where creative tries to get wrestlers over by throwing world titles on them immediately, which is the complete wrong way to go about it. When the world title gets devalued like that, midcard titles go straight to hell. These days, the mindset is pretty much "either you're a former world champ, or you're a loser." Some (kayfabe) perspective: Ezekiel Jackson (technically) and Jack Swagger are former world champions. The fuck does a guy look like if he can't accomplish what those guys did?

#50 ·
It's tough to say where Ziggler will go, but I honestly think they're only giving him the MITB-WHC push because they had little other options at the time. He's not a full-fledged jobber, no, but he is the new cocky vanilla midget heel who no one takes seriously, and casuals don't care about. So basically he's like Jericho. Great in the ring, and can cut a good promo, but just doesn't have "IT" to be one of the top players. Ziggler is an upper midcarder. They throw him a bone every once in a while, but even when they do, he rarely if ever looks credible. He has to get a cheap ass roll-up pin on Orton, cheat against Miz, and he will beat Cena, but not clean. And the only reason he has done all of this lately is because he's nearing his WHC run. He's closing in on the title, so they are trying to slap some victories on him for the sake of having SOME credibility. Before the last week or so, he was still jobbing to people. He cannot beat Sheamus to save his life. And in tag matches, he's ALWAYS the guy who gets pinned and loses for the heels. Even Del Rio is protected more. These two have teamed up how many times, only for Ziggler to eat the pin so Del Rio doesn't look bad.

I foresee his WHC run being very much like Daniel Bryan's was last year when he won. He'll be nothing but a paper champion who wins his matches but in the most cheap, fluky, unbelievable way possible, and will likely get destroyed at Wrestlemania if he holds it that long. The Miz was right when he said all Ziggler does is lose. And sadly, that's probably all Ziggler will do, but that's just the way things are anymore if you're a midget heel. From his looks, to his goofy name, to his lame finisher, to his ridiculous bumps, he just doesn't have the air of a main eventer. He screams midcarder louder than he screams "I'm so damn sick!"

Not saying he isn't talented though. He's had a few matches this year that were top notch, but as we all know the meatheads get priority over the ones with actual talent. And even then, I think his overall in-ring abilities far outshine any of his other qualities. He can cut a solid promo, but he's nothing special. And as far as charisma, I'm still not seeing where he's so great. I've seen WWE Download. It's the same as all of those other shitty viral video shows on TV and on the net, except Ziggler is probably even less funny of a host. And that says something, because I hate this type of stuff with a vengeance. I've never found him particularly funny on Twitter either.

That said, I can see why people like even if he's not my cup of tea, and I would rather see him as a top guy than certain others. I'm no Ziggler mark, but I don't really hate him either.

Reactions: Perfect.Insanity
#12 ·
Yes, he is. Just look at Miz. He main evented WrestleMania, had a 6 month WWE title reign and a year later he's a geek in the midcard. Ziggler is that same type of guy, where he gets pushed, but they just beat him and beat him and beat him and beat him and beat him and beat him and beat him. And that's exactly what a glorified jobber IS. Someone who they position as higher than an actual jobber, yet he constantly loses and his only purpose to the company is to enhance the real top stars.

Ziggler is never gonna be a real top guy, he doesn't have the tools, and even if he did, it's not gonna matter if WWE is just a game of favourites, which it is. Daniel Bryan, according to his overness level should be booked as well as CM Punk, yet he's a geek too. Some people just don't crack the glass ceiling. Fortunately, Ziggler is among them.

#4 ·
no, he's fueding with wwe's number one guy. Also wwe feels he's ready for the big time scene so the best is yet to come for ziggler

#21 ·
He's wherever Kofi is. Those two stay on par, cardwise.

#23 ·
you can't be serious .... I don't think kofi has won money in the bank or ever will.... Or hasn't been in a big time fued like ziggler is in

#25 ·
Didnt he beat Orton cleanly Weeks ago and beat him to win the Survivors Series match? Do ppl have short term memories or something. He hasnt looked good against Cena but in honesty not many look good against Cena. Ziggler was already one of the tops in in the ring and he has really improved on the mic. If someone that talented is a jobber then idk what jobber means anymore.

#26 ·
being a jobber has nothing to do with talent. Some of the most talented superstars of all-time were "glorified jobbers". Guys like Chris Jericho and Mick Foley would probably make most top 10 lists of most talented superstars. They often feuded with and even sometimes beat the top stars. Most of the time though, they just went out and got their ass beat.

#30 · (Edited)
so much blind marking going on here from both sides of the argument.

Fuck you over-zealous Ziggler marks who get all defensive when someone questions his abilities. And fuck you guys who think Ziggler cant do anything noteworthy.

Bottom line is this. Ziggler is an incredibly talented in-ring performer, who is very good at what he does. As for his "charisma", he isnt on the same level as a guy like HBK or the Rock at all. He does, however, possess the ability to hold his own on the mic. Watch WWE Download on Youtube and anything else NOT ON Monday Night Raw, and he EXCELS at being on a mic...but he needs improvement, and it needs to happen soon, or he's going to be in trouble. Part of the problem is that he probably just accepts the lines WWE gives him, and lets that be that.

And whoever said "LOLOLOL ZIGGLER HASNT FEUDED WITH THE TOP GUY IN THE COMPANY"...were you watching last year around this time when Ziggler was in a mini feud (the SAME kind of feud Gunn had with the Rock) with CM Punk? Oh, what's that, you didnt?

When it comes down to it, Ziggler is NOT a jobber to the stars. The WWE are breaking him away from Vickie, and likely letting him go on his own. Theyre FINALLY going to let him either sink or swim on his own. I think we should ALL reserve our judgement until we've had ample time to assess the job he's done by himself.

#34 · (Edited)
Ziggler's position in the company is of a upper mid-carder who can drift in and out of the main-event scene when needed. He'll never be a top guy like Cena or Punk, and he'll often lose to the top guys that WWE truly value, but at the very least he'll always remain a credible fixture of the midcard that can go from a midcard title feud to contender to a World Title when needed. He's similar to guys like Daniel Bryan in that regard.

Part of the problem is that he probably just accepts the lines WWE gives him, and lets that be that.
Well I've heard he's got in trouble before for going off the script in promos. Not everyone has the freedom on the mic like a top guy like Cena or Punk would have, and I think a lot of talent just have to put up with what's written for them.

Theyre FINALLY going to let him either sink or swim on his own. I think we should ALL reserve our judgement until we've had ample time to assess the job he's done by himself.
Maybe. We'll just have to wait and see how they book his World Title reign, but I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll book him much better.

#31 ·
He's a great wrestler and I always find him extremely entertaining. He's one of my favorite parts of Raw each week. That said, WWE jobs him out a heck of a lot, which is sort of understandable since he sells incredibly and can make anyone look good.

He seems to be getting a good build now, but it might just result in him being fed to Cena or something. It remains to be seen. Until he has a good title reign, I'd consider him a jobber, even if he is an upper mid card to main event jobber.

#35 ·
Ziggler is going to be one of the greatest we will see in the ring. No question about it. He has everything
#heel

#39 · (Edited)
If you're asking whether WWE considers Dolph Ziggler a jobber to help their A-listers look good, then yes, he is.

But it's clear that the company is starting to see as Ziggler a credible talent to be utilised in the very near future.

The man sizzles on the mic, he's absolutely spectacular in the ring — whether he's taking bumps or giving them — and he oozes personality while many of his contemporaries appear to be having trouble truly popping out of the TV screen.

Like it or not, Ziggler's the real fucking deal.

#41 ·
Some morons just require no reason to start complaining.

Dolph has had a much better build up than the last 4/5 years of MITB winners, be happy. He was the Sole Survivor and beat Orton clean twice in a row, also beating a freshly turned-face Miz in the same week. Then he put up a fight against Cena no one would have ever expected him too, and will probably win against Cena at TLC. Seems like you're the one who's complaining for no reason over here because if anything Ziggler has been improving over the last few weeks when it comes to strong booking. Not everyone requires 'winning' every single match to get over. That is an idiotic idea of a push that people on the IWC have come up with. Drew McIntyre was winning matches for a year after he lost his IC title, where did it get him?

#44 ·
you mean the new jericho? jobber to the stars?

#45 ·
No of course he isn't.

Being a 'jobber' is more than just losing matches. It's about being presented as an out-and-out waste of space; an enhancement talent; an easily escapable trap; a non-entity. Tensai is a glorified jobber. Brooklyn Brawler was a glorified jobber. Freddie Joe Floyd was a glorified jobber (look him up). Ziggler is in one of the big current WWE storylines (well, of what storylines there actually ARE so just him being involved in one is a feat) and is facing the main guy at the next PPV.

#46 ·
He's no jobber but I don't think he'll ever be a mainstay in the main event. Ziggler is a great wrestler and is probably the best seller in the WWE right now, but he just doesn't have the mic work or charisma to get over too much... yet, at least. Granted his promos aren't bad and he can hold his own surprisingly well, but they really aren't anything special either.

Based on his booking he seems destined to be one of those mid-upper-mid carders who roam around the card as necessary. Credible enough to help boost others and increase the prestige of a title, but not enough to hang around the big guys for too long at a time. Same goes with Jericho, Christian, Big Show, and Kane. They'll float around the tag division then the mid card and then the main event for filler as needed but they never seem to get a firm footing up there.

Yes, Ziggler is fighting Cena right now but let's be real: an 'injured' Cena just beat him after he cheated last week. They aren't made out to be even remotely on the same level: it is just Cena in a filler feud with a midcarder. The main storyline isn't even about those two so much as it is about Cena/AJ/Vickie. While he may win at TLC it really wouldn't surprise me if he loses just so Cena can cash in the MITB and we can get another Cena/Rock match at the Rumble or shortly after. As of right now I don't see any room for Ziggler to cash in. He sure as hell won't get involved in CM Punk/Ryback/Rock so what does that leave? Cashing in and feuding with Seamus over on Smackdown? I find it more likely Ryback will be fighting for the WHC at WM and in that case it'd make far more sense for him to fight Big Show and not Ziggler. That leaves him to either fail the cash-in or to have a quick 1-week style reign. I'm just not sure I'm seeing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.