Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MMA Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #1198 (permalink)
Evil Peter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Evil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Mikey Damage View Post
GSP might be ducking Hendricks a bit. Hendricks is a much tougher fight than Diaz, style-wise.

Hendricks has KO power, and is a great wrestler. I can see him giving GSP fits.

Not surprised that GSP wants Diaz first. GSP should be able to takedown Diaz at will.
I don't think GSP is ducking Hendricks. Many people are mesmerized with the two recent KO's but I, and many others, think that Kos beat him. Many feel Pierce beat him as well, and he lost to Rick Story, so he hasn't really looked that good in the fights where he hasn't knocked the other guy out in the last 6-7 fights.

I give Hendricks a puncher's chance against GSP, nothing more. I just don't see why GSP would avoid Hendricks, but we do know that GSP really wants to fight Nick because he feels disrespected (Dana even said that he's never seen GSP that angry after Diaz called him out).

GSP has far better striking defense than Fitch and Kampmann and he's far better at BJJ than Kos, who controlled Hendricks well on the ground in their third round.

While I do think that Hendricks is the one that deserves the title shot I think Diaz poses more of new test for GSP. Hendricks is pretty close to Kos, just with more power but less explosiveness and worse grappling. Diaz has a style that's not similar to anyone GSP has already faced and he'll keep attacking both standing and from the bottom.

Last edited by Evil Peter : 12-07-2012 at 10:54 AM.