Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #8539 (permalink)
Defei
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Defei 251 - 500Defei 251 - 500Defei 251 - 500Defei 251 - 500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
ADR/Kane was the peak of last week's show? Well fuck me.

A couple of things: Last week I mentioned how if the 2.3 was true for the Punk/Kane match, that it definitely feeds the argument that Punk is a ratings killer. However upon seeing the breakdown and the way it's worded, it sounds like the match was gaining viewers throughout and amounted to the gain we saw combined with the overrun. So the match didn't do as terribly as it appeared. That being said, a 2.66 overrun (especially when it also had Shield and Ryback in it) is dreadful.
Yeah looks like it's worded in a way to save punk from the embarrassment. The big gain was only at the 11 P.M overrun, Q12 drew 2.28 and Q11 2.25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.N. View Post
Did they push Ryback too fast to the main event? Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that is what happens when you get yourself into a situation by booking gimmick PPV's. Will he be forgotten about in a year time? This being WWE, I suspect he will...
Probably, but I think having him lose his first PPV main event match against someone like Punk was a bigger mistake that hurt him. Like Jericho said, should have put the title on him at HIAC and made a new legitimate star.

Last edited by Defei : 12-06-2012 at 04:40 PM.