Wrestling Forum banner

Which do you want as the 8th pitching category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Edwin Encarnacion Appreciation Thread

193K views 8K replies 22 participants last post by  Stax Classic 
#1 · (Edited)
1. [user]Phillip J. Dick[/user] Castro's Cuban Dictatorship
2. [user]MrMister[/user]
3. [user]JM[/user] = BEDTIME DEFYERS
4. [user]Ghetto Anthony[/user] = Ga's Retirement Home
5. [user]TheShowstappa92002[/user]
6. [user]Aid180[/user] = Disabled List is More Right
7. [user]WWF[/user]
8. [user]RKO920[/user]
9. [user]Brye[/user] = Glenallen Hill
10. [user]Mikey Damage[/user] = WHY YOU SO BAD?
11. [user]William Murderface[/user] = Trout Season
12. [user]Perfect Poster[/user]

Commence.

$150 for FA. $0 minimun bid.

NEW 8X8 CATEGORIES

HITTING: Ks; BA; HRs; Runs; RBI; Steals; OBP; SLG

PITCHING: Ks; Walks; ERA; WHIP; Saves; Wins; QS; BAA

KEEPERS: YOU CAN TOTALLY THROW GUYS BACK. YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP 3 HITTERS AND 2 PITCHERS.

See less See more
#2,444 ·
re: WF Baseball Keeper League - Draft = Wed, Mar 6 @ 10pm CT. Lock keepers ASAP.

At first glance, if WWF goes up a few rounds with that last pick I wouldn't mind it too much. Hamilton is an injury risk that is moving away from a very hitter friendly park to a very pitcher friendly park. It's a very small sample size for sure, but his #'s at Angel Stadium leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention he's on the wrong side of 30. WWF did win the trade as far as I'm concerned, but if he ups the rounds from that 20th rounder to around the same as the other two it isn't TOO bad.

#2,446 ·
re: WF Baseball Keeper League - Draft = Wed, Mar 6 @ 10pm CT. Lock keepers ASAP.

At first glance, if WWF goes up a few rounds with that last pick I wouldn't mind it too much. Hamilton is an injury risk that is moving away from a very hitter friendly park to a very pitcher friendly park. It's a very small sample size for sure, but his #'s at Angel Stadium leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention he's on the wrong side of 30. WWF did win the trade as far as I'm concerned, but if he ups the rounds from that 20th rounder to around the same as the other two it isn't TOO bad.
I think all of IYF's picks need to be moved up. 9-13 range for all of them.

#2,445 · (Edited)

I really want to know what compels people to trade the best fantasy player right now. Like seriously, the dude's been traded 3 times in 6 months. WHY? Like is it out of boredom?

#2,448 ·

I really want to know what compels people to trade the best fantasy player right now. Like seriously, the dude's been traded 3 times in 6 months. WHY? Like is it out of boredom?
Because I gained another top 10 player from trading him. Well worth the trade for me.

#2,450 ·

IYF gets (player - 2012 Player Rater value):

Trout - 21.14
177th pick - 3.98
184th pick - 3.65
239th pick - 2.68

9 pts bonus for Trout and his young age and keeper status. He should be 3 pts better each season, for the next 3 season.

Total: 31.48 + 9 = 40.48

WWF gets:

Hamilton - 13.74
68th pick - 7.72
77th pick - 7.14
149th pick - 4.69

total: 33.29

Conclusion: Short term, WWF is better. Long term, IYF wins easily.

2nd conclusion: WWF, lolz.

#2,452 ·

IYF gets (player - 2012 Player Rater value):

Trout - 21.14
177th pick - 3.98
184th pick - 3.65
239th pick - 2.68

9 pts bonus for Trout and his young age and keeper status. He should be 3 pts better each season, for the next 3 season.

Total: 31.48 + 9 = 40.48

WWF gets:

Hamilton - 13.74
68th pick - 7.72
77th pick - 7.14
149th pick - 4.69

total: 33.29

Conclusion: Short term, WWF is better. Long term, IYF wins easily.

2nd conclusion: WWF, lolz.
Trade aside, are you sure he's going to get that much better each year? That was a ridiculous season he just had. He can probably repeat it, but improve upon it? Maybe. But I don't think you can slam dunk him doing it.

Back to the trade, how are you getting those numbers for the picks? You seem to be going by who was rated 68th, 77th, etc. Those guys probably weren't actually picked in those slots.

#2,453 ·

It still baffles me that Trout has been traded 3 times in a keeper league. Seriously.

I have Lebron in basketball keeper and do you think I will ever trade him? No. LOL that was WWF too who traded him to me.

#2,457 ·

Exactly. My point is, the guy doesn't need to get better to be an elite fantasy player. And if they do get better then he will be unreal good.

#2,458 ·

Yep. He was the #3 fantasy player in 1.5 months less than the other elite players.

He's going to be number 1. So while WWF wins this trade for now, he loses after the season. Hell, he might lose it if Hamilton gets hurt, and Trout goes off for .350/40hr/100RBIs/50SBs

Which he might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.