Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #8450 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Coffey
Moron

Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
No, it's not. Diesel is way better on the mic and don't even bring up their confrontations, because Diesel is just not one to use scripts. As for the in-ring stuff, Punk is sloppy as fuck and without a good opponent, he's about as boring to watch as it gets. But with a good opponent, he is capable of having quality matches, that I give him. Diesel is a tall man with fragile quads, I can't really have the same standards for both of them so they're not comparable. That's like expecting Rey Mysterio and The Great Khali to put on good matches of the same quality regardless of opponents even though they couldn't be any more different.
I think what bothers me most about C.M. Punk is that it is painfully obvious that he is about as far away from an athlete as you can be. Like, everything he does is awkward. Run, jump, etc. He's just an awkward kind of guy. You can tell that he's a book geek that probably didn't play a lot of sports. Meanwhile, although limited by his size, Nash did play ball & was at least an athlete prior to getting into wrestling.

It's why a lot of the stuff that Punk does, like his top rope elbow, look so funky & awkward. It bothers me because it looks more like he's role-playing being a wrestler instead of feeling like a wrestler. I don't have the suspension of disbelief that I should for his matches.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome