Wrestling Forum banner

Which do you want as the 8th pitching category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Edwin Encarnacion Appreciation Thread

193K views 8K replies 22 participants last post by  Stax Classic 
#1 · (Edited)
1. [user]Phillip J. Dick[/user] Castro's Cuban Dictatorship
2. [user]MrMister[/user]
3. [user]JM[/user] = BEDTIME DEFYERS
4. [user]Ghetto Anthony[/user] = Ga's Retirement Home
5. [user]TheShowstappa92002[/user]
6. [user]Aid180[/user] = Disabled List is More Right
7. [user]WWF[/user]
8. [user]RKO920[/user]
9. [user]Brye[/user] = Glenallen Hill
10. [user]Mikey Damage[/user] = WHY YOU SO BAD?
11. [user]William Murderface[/user] = Trout Season
12. [user]Perfect Poster[/user]

Commence.

$150 for FA. $0 minimun bid.

NEW 8X8 CATEGORIES

HITTING: Ks; BA; HRs; Runs; RBI; Steals; OBP; SLG

PITCHING: Ks; Walks; ERA; WHIP; Saves; Wins; QS; BAA

KEEPERS: YOU CAN TOTALLY THROW GUYS BACK. YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP 3 HITTERS AND 2 PITCHERS.

See less See more
#2,313 ·
re: WF Baseball Keeper League - Draft = Wed, Mar 6 @ 10pm CT. Lock keepers ASAP.

For minimum IP?

Because you can just carry relievers and take ERA, WHIP, HRA, BB, and Saves.

Raise the minimum so the teams are forced to carry starters. I'd go at least into the 20s...like 25? If you carried 5 starters with like 4 relievers, that's just 5 IP per starter. plus all the relievers innings to over it. soudnds an easy minimum to meet.

#2,318 ·
re: WF Baseball Keeper League - Draft = Wed, Mar 6 @ 10pm CT. Lock keepers ASAP.

To win wins and Ks. To come back in ERA and whip after one of your closers fucked up huge (which generally happens once a week at least with a normal amount of closers). You can't win 16-0 w/o starters.

#2,320 ·

For anyone sitting around with some extra time, ESPN has a roundtable discussion between all their fantasy baseball "experts" on each position. It could give some good context to those who haven't done much planning or preparing. Here's the link to the 3B discussion:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8962391

Navigate through by the tags or arrows below the video.

#2,323 ·

Alright lets get things buzzing here again so we can get decisions finalized here ASAP. I expect everyone in here participating/chirping/trashing/embarrassing themselves/crying/laughing/etc from this point until a week after the season ends (then a short winter break then resume).

Talking points:

1) 8th Pitching category - Holds/HRA/BAA
2) Increase rosters? Add another Plouffetility or more bench spots? Which fucks up draft order with people trading picks in the last round but not really a big deal.
3) Increase keepers to 7 for next years draft?
4) Daily waivers or daily auction?
5) Draft pick trading restrictions?
6) Should RKO920 be replaced by STACKS even if STACKS doesn't want to? Fuck you STACKS don't pretend this isn't an opportunity of a lifetime.
7) Will anyone ever beat me in a fantasy baseball league?

If I'm missing anything add it to the list and weigh in on topic. I'm expecting HUGE MULTIQUOTES to my post. Ala ice_edge.

#2,324 ·

Alright lets get things buzzing here again so we can get decisions finalized here ASAP. I expect everyone in here participating/chirping/trashing/embarrassing themselves/crying/laughing/etc from this point until a week after the season ends (then a short winter break then resume).

Talking points:

1) 8th Pitching category - Holds/HRA/BAA

- Do we really need to do an 8x8? A lot of these stats are meaningless, overlap, and conflict with one another. So menial. I can't even fathom those idiots who wanted a 10x10.

2) Increase rosters? Add another Plouffetility or more bench spots? Which fucks up draft order with people trading picks in the last round but not really a big deal.

- Fuck no.

- Fuck no.

- Daily auction.

- Yes. 5 draft pick transactions per year. Trade one + acquire one = 2 transactions.

6) Should RKO920 be replaced by STACKS even if STACKS doesn't want to? Fuck you STACKS don't pretend this isn't an opportunity of a lifetime.

- Yes.

- Yes.
BOLDED answers.

#2,328 ·

I'm gonna swerve and say HOLDS. I'm gonna chase saves this season most likely so I'll need a stat to punt.

What'll happen is I'll chase Holds and those guys will wind up closers.

Nah.

Maybe. Right now, nah.

Same as last year. Actually don't care here. edit57: AUCTION

Yes. We can hash it out if most people want restrictions.

STACKS. Always vote STACKS.

Only the Shadow knows.

EDITED THE POST JIM!

#2,330 ·

I believe a vote was already held to switch claims from twice a week to daily. It's just a matter of if we want auction (whoever bids the most getting the guy) or waiver (who's ever higher on waiver order of those that bid on player).

#2,333 ·

I believe a vote was already held to switch claims from twice a week to daily. It's just a matter of if we want auction (whoever bids the most getting the guy) or waiver (who's ever higher on waiver order of those that bid on player).
Why act like that matters now? You've ignored every other vote.

#2,335 ·

We've already talked about all of this. HRA won. GA said he'd quit if we increased the keeper size and most agreed. Mikey or somebody brought up daily waivers already. We increased roster sizes 2 months into the season last year.

#2,337 ·

We've already talked about all of this. HRA won. GA said he'd quit if we increased the keeper size and most agreed. Mikey or somebody brought up daily waivers already. We increased roster sizes 2 months into the season last year.
We didn't decide between WAIVERS and AUCTION which is why we're having this discussion. We already had a vote for DAILY which we are doing. Use your head plz.

It it IMPOSSIBLE with ESPN leagues to increase rosters after the draft let alone 2 months into the season. You can only edit a select FEW settings after the draft. Rosters definitely not being one of them. Stop being wrong plz.

#2,338 · (Edited)

All of these changes in 1 year. God damn.

wat?

Who voted for what. I want to see that a majority voted for HRA. List names.

#2,339 ·

BAA: Aid180, El Conquistador, Ghetto Anthony, Perfect Poster, Pierre McDunk, WWF
HRA: JM, Mikey Damage, MrMister, TheShowstappa92002, RKO920, IYF

Then someone switched. I don't know. This was done months ago. It was confirmed at the time.

I have suggested REVOTE multiple times to clear everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.