Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - X division could do with a revamp

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Shepard
La vie est drôle

Shepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF BallotShepard made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: X division could do with a revamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
Aries and Zema Ion got over, because unlike tony nese and others alike they had a interesting persona. There isn't enough booking in the world to make nese look like a star (shit storm incoming) at least sorensen now has the underdog type story to help him out.

TNA needs more x division talent, interesting talent not guys that can do flips in the air.

Talent wants to come in no matter what the booking is, I know people like to pretend TNA is a indy company but it gives whoever comes in exposure. But sadly I think nobody inside TNA sees potential in AAA or NOAH talent.
Ion owes Sorensen quite a bit for him getting over. Even then he never really got much chance to showcase himself. He won the belt randomly and was put in throwaway matches. And I don't consider him a bad wrestler but I definitely prefer his mic work. Shame he'll probably do nothing for a while again now b/c I enjoyed his run. The dangerous twist to his character post neck break definitely helped him a ton and he took the ball and ran with it (when he was given a chance)

Sorensen might have the underdog story and that's great, but he's still totally garbage and I have no reason whatsoever to care about him. I'm happy he's fine and able to wrestle again but I'm really not looking forward to having to sit through his reign of mediocrity. Give me a solid worker like Nese over him anyday (not to mention he had some nice strength to counter his high flying stuff, which nobody else in the division really has)

Also @ the bolded considering they get fuck all screen time, id prefer fun wrestlers over "interesting" character. X Division should put on solid matches with solid guys who can work their characters into a match. I don't give a shit about guys like flip kendrick who just spam spots but if you gave me the choice of a+ ringwork or a+ character work I'd take the first every time in this division. If I want good feuds there's the rest of the card. Look at the best X Division matches this year (imo) in Aries/Shelley and Aries/Joe. They were kinda just there but they were hella fun (iirc aries and shelley might have actually had a good promo segment too but my memory is hazy, if so then that's just an added bonus)