Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze This: Size Does Matter?

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
JLawls91
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

JLawls91 JLawls91 JLawls91 JLawls91 JLawls91 JLawls91 JLawls91
Default Re: Analyze This: Size Does Matter?

Size matters, but not to the extent that wrestlers on the juice have made out. It really depends on height and weight as well as muscle in my opinion. Stone Cold, The Rock (attitude), Mankind, Undertaker for instance weren't massive compared to some over the years, yet they sold out arenas seperately.

As long as the wrestlers are portrayed in a certain way I don't think it matters. As a kid watching I was drawn in by the storylines and now I'm most bothered about the wrestler's persona's, matches and the storylines to go with them. For me there are three types

- You need the naturally big guys e.g. Viscera, Big Show, Kane, Undertaker, Rikishi, Mark Henry to give off a monstrous impression.
- You need the superstars on the mic and image that can work a crowd to do most for their popularity - Rock, Triple H, Stone Cold, Mankind, Jeff Jarrett, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn for instance
- The naturally smaller athletic guys as underdogs - X-Pac, Rey Mysterio, Hardys

Do you need massive guys? In my eyes no. The wrestlers should have some definition to show their professionalism compared to amateur shows to go with their talent; however there really isn't any need for wrestlers to get stupidly big. Does Cena's size make a difference on how everyone on here perceives how much they like him? I very much doubt it.
JLawls91 is offline   Reply With Quote