Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - I've noticed something about the Other Wrestling Section

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
GothicBohemian
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

GothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a push
Default Re: I've noticed something about the Other Wrestling Section

I rather like the relative quiet here. Little of the goofy, unnecessary clutter that fills up the WWE/TNA sections makes its way into this area. That's a good thing.

Oh, and the scattered nature of who watches what, when folks get to see it and all that slows conversation down. I know I rarely have anything to say since I'm either behind on my viewing (thus behind the conversation or avoiding spoilers) or the topic is 'best [x] from year [x], promotion [x]', which really isn't my sort of thread. Not bothersome in any way, just not my 'thing'.

The overall tone of this section is different – much like in the Classic Wrestling sub-forum. Folks posting here (and there) seem to have a better grasp on what pro wrestling (sport/art form/entertainment with a long and crazy history)is all about. Even when I'm not contributing, I do enjoy reading many of the more interesting debates, reviews and general discussions.

OP, I'm not really sure passion is missing, unless you mean the silly, over-the-top anger and threads about unimportant minutiae that are such features of the busier sections? I enjoy a laugh at that craziness, and I'm very, very guilty of jumping into some questionable topics for the fun of it, but I appreciate the lack of much of that in some parts of the forum too.