Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #9992 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Yeah1993
Pineapple Jheri, mon.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Wrote this about it a couple of years ago:

Quote:
Hulk Hogan v The Giant (WCW 10/8/96)
--Good enough, I guess. About as good as heel Hulk Hogan at 600 years old and Paul Wight in the first year of his career would get. Pretty slow, but I didn't want it any other way, they actually tried to outpower each other almost the whole thing (when Hogan wasn't doing some of the best stalling ever). There wasn't any of this Hogan superman stuff either, he had to yank the gigantic hair from the gigantic head of The Giant to even be in contention to win the Greco-Roman tie-ups. I loved when he pointed the referee toward his head to show Wight was pulling his hair (when he wasn't), so the ref couldn't see HE was pulling Wight's hair. Nash and Hall's interference was done better than most mid-late 90s WCW run-ins as well. The Giant hulking up was something else.
I have no idea if it holds up. I mean a match being "good enough I guess" probably doesn't deserve the term "holds up" anyway. Saying Hogan's stalling was some of the best ever seems like hyperbole, I'll admit.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome