Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #8389 (permalink)
Annihilus
Little Poppa Pump

Annihilus needs to take rep more seriousAnnihilus needs to take rep more seriousAnnihilus needs to take rep more seriousAnnihilus needs to take rep more seriousAnnihilus needs to take rep more seriousAnnihilus needs to take rep more seriousAnnihilus needs to take rep more seriousAnnihilus needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I hadnt been following the ratings lately so this is pretty stunning. TNA is hovering around 1.0 rating, if TNA improves at all and WWE keeps sliding, they could become a lot closer than we thought was ever possible.

Theres no question that the 3 hour raws are hurting ratings, case in point: I post on a IWC forum and probably care about wrestling a lot more than the average casual fan, and yet *I* dont even hardly watch RAW anymore! that says it all, I suffered from "wrestling fatigue" from trying to watch 5+ hours a week, so not only did I stop watching smackdown, I dont even sit through RAW anymore. I only watch the opening and closing 20 minutes of Raw and skip the rest.

3 hours aside, there just isnt much reason to give a shit about the product right now. Wrestling isn't cool anymore, i'd be embarassed to even admit I watch it to anyone considering how much it caters to children now. Like it or not, the PG rating and kid-friendly programming is killing the product, not just because its PG but because its limiting WWE to boring, repetitive booking.

They can't do any high spots anymore, can't do any potentially dangerous moves, can't hardly have any edgy programming, can't have blood, can't have scantily clad women, there just isnt anything to get excited about, hence ratings are falling. Even hardcore fans like us are not watching loyally anymore, so the casual fan sure as fuck isn't going to be.

Last edited by Annihilus : 12-05-2012 at 12:34 AM.