Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Was Jake Roberts meant to be 'Taker's higher power (1999)

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
ninealevyn
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000ninealevyn 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Was Jake Roberts meant to be 'Taker's higher power (1999)

I heard this rumor before, and I think it hold's some weight. During the Attitude Era while they were about pushing the new stars of the generation it's not rare too have a former super star be brought back with a revised gimmick. They brought back Bossman and remodeled him for the generation, so, it's likely they had a deal that didn't go through, but was in talks.

Overall, I think the whole storyline was botched, and I don't remember it clearly because I was a child at the time, but looking back at it was stupid. What I find stupid about it is it's the damn Undertaker. Why would Undertaker need to work for a higher power? He's the most intimidating wrestler in WWE history. At the time he was already a former champion. Personally, I liked the touch of Vince calling him Mark and saying he was taking the Undertaker gimmick to far.

It also didn't fit McMahon's character. He was already hell bent on making sure Austin wasn't champion and he wanted the top guy in his company to be who he thought it should be, I understand wanting to strike fear in his employees so he aligns himself with Taker, but most CEO's don't show who's boss by torturing their daughters. I also don't see how Robert's would've fit, he's always been sadistic, and the religious elements to his character had been added, and they could've been used for bad or good, but how in the hell is Jake Robert's a higher power than Undertaker?

#SmartenUp
ninealevyn is offline   Reply With Quote