Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #9950 (permalink)
jonoaries
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I just watched this War Games match that's on the nWo DVD. Its Team WCW (Ultimate Warrior, Roddy Piper & Diamond Dallas Page) vs Team nWo Hollywood (Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Stevie Ray & Bret Hart) vs Team Wolfpac (Sting, Lex Luger & Kevin Nash)
Despite it being billed as a team match, its actually every man for himself and a #1 contender's match.

Its a pretty good match, I think the cage limited a lot of things and made the ring smaller than it needed to be. The 5 minute one on one portion between Bret and DDP was good. I felt that both guys had did a good job of wearing the other guy down.

The story of Hogan using Stevie Ray and the slapjack weapon as enforcers to help him win worked for me. It gives Hogan an unfair advantage (which is good for a heel) and made Stevie Ray useful (because we know he doesn't deserve to be in that match right?) and of course every heel needs a goal.
Warrior's entrance with the smoke in the ring and the fake Warrior getting slapjacked and stripped of his jacket was actually cool...I started to shit on it at first but it makes sense to distract Hogan and Stevie Ray while the REAL Warrior came out to take Hogan down. There was a decent brief exchange between the two that lead to Hogan running away and locking Warrior in the cage and ultimately Warrior kicks a corner of the cage loose, hurs himself getting out the ring and both he and Hogan disappear into the night fighting.
In the ring among the confusion DDP drops Stevie Ray with the Diamond Cutter and wins the match (oh look Stevie Ray was useful again).
I think the match was fairly good. I think the guys could have used more room to work. Even though they had 2 rings the cage seemed to really limit the action and the cameras made things a bit hard to follow but I enjoyed the match. *** 3/4