Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#9,921 ·
I'm an advocate of most triple threat matches the WWE pumps out. I made that claim last night when I watched Night of Champions 2009 while Cena vs Orton vs Triple H was on.

Don't like the 4 way from WrestleMania 16/2000. Except for the Foley moments.

4 way last night on RAW was only good b/c of Cesaro. **1/4 all thanks to my excitement from him. Also personal angst on every nearfall as I cringed at the thought of Kingston or Truth winning. For better or worse that made me super into the match. IMMENSE love and hate.

I'd support a Danielson/Cesaro program within the E. Only don't let them use headlocks. Point for you if you get that.

#9,922 ·
WM 2000 triple threat - ***

Currently watching HBK/HHH/Cena again cos I was in the mood after everyone was talking about it :p. I knew I had it on DVD, but I wasn't sure which one. Looked up match listings of potential comps it might be on... then remembered I actually have the SS show :lmao.

#9,923 ·
One of my favorite fatal 4 ways (I actually like these way more than triple threats) was:

Armageddon 2004: JBL (c) vs Booker T vs Eddie Guerrero vs The Undertaker for the WWE Championship I gave it ****

Man this thing was great. JBL defending the strap against everybody he feuded with that year in one match. All the guys were out to get a piece of JBL, to get some revenge for all his previous shenanigans. Booker & Eddie they had to find a way to contend with The Undertaker.

It started off slow and then developed as the match went on. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Booker & Eddie double teaming Undertaker and then JBL, trying to isolate and weaken the two bigger, stronger guys. Undertaker dominating everyone in most exchanges, JBL taking long breaks but coming in strong to take advantage of a weakened opponent. Everybody had a great false finish of their own, they all looked legit in this thing.

The table spot (where the table didn't break) was atrocious but the other spots made up for it. Eddie playing possum, leading to the Undertaker/Eddie exchange which was the highlight of the match. Eddie's double frog splash pinfall attempt was awesome as was the frog splash from the ladder high spot.

A very fun match for me, even though I wasn't thrilled with how it ended, we really didn't need the run-in ruining such a great match. It was a very well booked and very well executed by 3 of the best in the game (JBL being the exception). Its gotta be hard to book a match like this and not make someone look weak but every guy had a strong showing.

#9,924 ·
I'm a fan of that 4 way. Undertaker/Eddie stuff was awesome, such a shame it didn't last longer nor did we ever get a singles match from them :(. Would go around ***1/4-1/2 for it.

Speaking of triple threats again, Undertaker/Batista/Edge is a wonderful match that I feel is underrated. A great match that takes us from the awesome Undertaker/Batista series in 07 and brings us into the awesome Undertaker/Edge series in 08. We do get some of the basic formula with one guy getting taken out so the other two fight, but most of it is different in the sense that Edge is constantly running away while Batista and Undertaker fight each other to see who gets to be alone with Edge. Edge's antics are great too, and he really plays up on the "Ultimate Opportunist" gimmick here, something that honestly he rarely did despite constantly being called it for the last 5 or 6 years of his career lol.

#9,926 ·
WM 2000 triple threat - ***

Currently watching HBK/HHH/Cena again cos I was in the mood after everyone was talking about it :p. I knew I had it on DVD, but I wasn't sure which one. Looked up match listings of potential comps it might be on... then remembered I actually have the SS show :lmao.
WrestleMania 16 - **1/2

Survivor Series '09 - ****

and since it was dropped...

Armageddon '04 Fatal Four Way - ***1/2

#9,927 ·
SO after watching the SS 09 triple threat... the WWE title triple threat lol... I'm not as high on it as I was. ***1/2 for it. Still really good. Superkick at the start still makes me grin like a... what grins really big? A simple person? That'll do. Wait... it makes me grin like Stupid Tom!!! (Stupid Tom is... or maybe was... haven't seen or spoken to him in about 3 months since he got a new girlfriend... anyway he's a friend or something and he's really fucking stupid, hence the name Stupid Tom because he's also called Tom, and he grins ALL THE TIME) The other 2 superkicks to HHH are awesome too. Watching HHH get kicked in the face by his best friend repeatedly is pretty awesome. CONCUSS THE GAME! HHH retaliating with a Spinebuster through the table was cool. Though something even cooler would have been for HHH to grab HBK and start yelling at him for kicking him in the head, only for HBK to superkick him again just to shut him up :lmao. I should book matches, I'd be awesome at it. I hear Cena was in this match too.

#9,931 ·
SO after watching the SS 09 triple threat... the WWE title triple threat lol... I'm not as high on it as I was. ***1/2 for it. Still really good. Superkick at the start still makes me grin like a... what grins really big? A simple person? That'll do. Wait... it makes me grin like Stupid Tom!!! (Stupid Tom is... or maybe was... haven't seen or spoken to him in about 3 months since he got a new girlfriend... anyway he's a friend or something and he's really fucking stupid, hence the name Stupid Tom because he's also called Tom, and he grins ALL THE TIME) The other 2 superkicks to HHH are awesome too. Watching HHH get kicked in the face by his best friend repeatedly is pretty awesome. CONCUSS THE GAME! HHH retaliating with a Spinebuster through the table was cool. Though something even cooler would have been for HHH to grab HBK and start yelling at him for kicking him in the head, only for HBK to superkick him again just to shut him up :lmao. I should book matches, I'd be awesome at it. I hear Cena was in this match too.
Lol.

#9,935 ·
Trust me, coming from an individual who has watched every single PPV WWE Championship match there has ever been , it could be FAR worse than Miz-Cena at OTL . I find their Wrestlemania encounter to be much, much worse, and even that isn't CLOSE to the absolute FUCKFEST that is the 2010 Orton-Barrett series.... What a pile of shit those matches were. 1/2* for both of them in my book, absolutely horrible.

Speaking of Cena "I Quit" matches ; what the hell does everybody see in Cena-Orton from Breaking Point ? The match is pretty good I suppose, but I'm not going to throw **** at it like everybody else does. It's slightly above the Miz match for me TBH. For those who hate Punk , just imagine what the WWE would have been like now had it not been for the "Pipe Bomb" and subsequent Summer of Punk II ?

It probably would have been Rock-Cena for the title, while 2011 consisted of Cena feuding with the likes of R-Truth for the rest of the summer. Dark days my friends, dark days for sure. Luckily instead we have one of the greatest WWE Championship reigns and one of the best Primes of all time IMO.

#9,937 ·
the Miz is KIIIIIIND of growing on me, but I still don't like him that much and he has a lot of flaws. Still, I think he can be good foil for a better wrestler. The Miz and Cena actually had a really, really fun match the night after Extreme Rules that's well worth watching.

The fuck did you think watching that in the first place lol?
No idea. I'm kinda catching up with stuff I missed last year and I figured I should watch the major matches even if they aren't highly talked about. I've got Cena/R-Truth ready to watch. I'm telling you.....I have a masochistic side I can't fight. COUGHAndanotheroneIdon'twanttofightCOUGH

Did the irony of Orton/Christian being on the same show leave you vexed?
Orton/Christian RULED. I loved that they countered each others moves that always usually hit. Orton countered the over-the-top-rope-jump-uppercut thingy and Christian got out of the 2nd rope DDT.....THINGY! The final moments got that Heavyweight Championship Drama down excellently. Christian hasn't been the same since they turned him.

Anyone got a link to the Orton/Christian from that Presidential Whatever PPV? Can't find it anywhere.

#9,938 ·
The Miz sucks in the ring , but my biggest fault with him is that people confuse him for being good on the mic. No, being loud and trying to sound serious DOES NOT MAKE YOU GOOD ON THE MIC. Honestly though, even though Miz is pretty bad, I'd still have more faith in him putting on a **** match than Sin Cara and Ryback.

In the long run, I'm expecting Ryback to be better in the ring than Miz , but I just don't know anymore. Worst worker in the company ? Smart money's on the Paul Levesque Guy, Sin Cara :hhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.