Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #9917 (permalink)
jonoaries
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries jonoaries
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

One of my favorite fatal 4 ways (I actually like these way more than triple threats) was:

Armageddon 2004: JBL (c) vs Booker T vs Eddie Guerrero vs The Undertaker for the WWE Championship I gave it ****

Man this thing was great. JBL defending the strap against everybody he feuded with that year in one match. All the guys were out to get a piece of JBL, to get some revenge for all his previous shenanigans. Booker & Eddie they had to find a way to contend with The Undertaker.

It started off slow and then developed as the match went on. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Booker & Eddie double teaming Undertaker and then JBL, trying to isolate and weaken the two bigger, stronger guys. Undertaker dominating everyone in most exchanges, JBL taking long breaks but coming in strong to take advantage of a weakened opponent. Everybody had a great false finish of their own, they all looked legit in this thing.

The table spot (where the table didn't break) was atrocious but the other spots made up for it. Eddie playing possum, leading to the Undertaker/Eddie exchange which was the highlight of the match. Eddie's double frog splash pinfall attempt was awesome as was the frog splash from the ladder high spot.

A very fun match for me, even though I wasn't thrilled with how it ended, we really didn't need the run-in ruining such a great match. It was a very well booked and very well executed by 3 of the best in the game (JBL being the exception). Its gotta be hard to book a match like this and not make someone look weak but every guy had a strong showing.