Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - I've noticed something about the Other Wrestling Section

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
SludgeHammer
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

SludgeHammer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsSludgeHammer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsSludgeHammer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsSludgeHammer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsSludgeHammer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: I've noticed something about the Other Wrestling Section

I've probably only contributed a hundred or so comments and a handful of thread topics in Other Wrestling but it's by far my favourite and the most chilled section here for the reasons that JoeRulz and TaylorFitz point out. I'm 30 years old, the last thing I want to do is get into is a slanging match with some 14 year old in the WWE or TNA sections because a) I have no valid opinion and b) it's utterly asinine. Discussion here is varied and civil but by rote of lack of both regular shows and huge fanbase things just move a little more slowly around these parts.

And yeah I'd argue that wrestling is a hobby for me. I love spending my free time watching shows and am proud of my collection of indy DVDs. Collecting souvenirs and enjoying spending time with them strike me as the definition of a hobby as opposed to a lifestyle. Lifestyle suggests full-time employment within the thing you claim isn't merely a hobby.