• Dolph Ziggler

Votes: 82 76.6%
  • John Cena

Votes: 25 23.4%

Dolph Ziggler vs John Cena - Ladder Match

14K views 130 replies 91 participants last post by  Defei 
#1 · (Edited)

WWE.COM said:
With history on the line, how much would you be willing to sacrifice? What lengths would you be willing to go to? How far, how fast and how hard would you climb to etch your name in the annals of WWE legend?

It’s a question John Cena and Dolph Ziggler will have to answer at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs, when The Showoff will put his most prized possession on the line (no, not his abs) against the Cenation leader in a Ladder Match: the Money in the Bank contract for the World Heavyweight Championship.

And no, “history-making” is not hyperbole in this case. Cena is the only Superstar in WWE history to cash in his own Money in the Bank contract and fail to win a World Title as a result (he redeemed a WWE Championship contract at Raw 1,000 and beat WWE Champion CM Punk by disqualification, earning him the victory but denying him the prize). And only one Superstar in history has ever lost his Money in the Bank contract in a one-on-one match. So for Cena, TLC represents an opportunity no other Superstar has ever had: a second chance and, more importantly, an opportunity to rectify his failure at Raw 1,000 and end 2012 with the World Heavyweight Title firmly in his sights.

For Ziggler, however, the stakes are higher. The Showoff had to fight and claw to get his hands on the contract in the first place, and minus some early almost-attempts at redeeming the prize, Ziggler has proven quite stingy in his willingness to cash in. But while The Showoff has left the incumbent titleholder Big Show to his own devices against Sheamus, he’s very quietly become a force to be reckoned with. In the last month alone, Ziggler has amassed a series of impressive wins over Randy Orton, including one in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match in which Ziggler emerged as the sole survivor. He’s also taken Cena to the limit in a one-on-one match on Raw, a surge indicating The Showoff’s time to seize the prize is likely fast approaching.

But now, he may not get the chance. While Ziggler is reaching his apex, Cena has been operating at his own for some time. As a previous Money in the Bank winner and a two-time World Heavyweight Champion himself, the Cenation leader will find himself in a very familiar, very comfortable position at TLC. Ziggler, on the other hand, is in a precarious one. The Showoff is all momentum at this point, and there’s no Superstar who can take that away faster than Cena. Granted, this is not the same Ziggler who wheeled and dealed his way to a tainted World Title victory in 2011. This is not even the same Ziggler who won the Money in the Bank contract this past July. This is something far tougher than that. Something much closer to the top-tier wrestler he has always claimed to be.

But is it enough? History looms large for both Superstars. One can rewrite it, and one can avoid ending up on the wrong side of it. Only one question now remains: What are they prepared to do?

Well, I guess the predictions were right. Money In The Bank briefcase on the line.

But I don't think Cena is winning. No way he's being drafted to Smackdown.

What are your guys' guesses?

See less See more
#48 ·
Re: How can Ziggler win?

Pretty much think AJ will be involved.

Whether she turns heel (a higher possibility right now in my opinion than I thought it would be because they seemed to wrap up her "feud" with Tamina AND Vickie last night quite quickly), or she accidently costs Cena the match...she will play a role in the finish.

She's the top draw diva at the moment and she's not scheduled for anything. That doesn't make sense. She will make some sort of appearance on the PPV.

#50 ·
Re: How can Ziggler win?

If she does cost Cena the match, I hope it's because she turns heel and joins Dolph. Maybe Vicki and Dolph break up before the PPV (Vicki cares more about her job), and Dolph can finally have that Sensational Sherri in his corner.

Like I stated in another topic, I see a lot of similarities to HBK when I look at Ziggler. The charisma, potential, the selling...and of course, it's a coincidence (maybe) that he used the Sweet Chin Music to win his match a couple weeks back (and, in this other clip, he actually runs through HBK's motions):

AJ can be at his side, even mock Sherri by bringing a mirror out...and if HBK ever wants another match someday (I have a feeling he will), that could be a WrestleMania match between the two.

#51 ·
Would be awesome if Cena wins the briefcase and becomes World Heavyweight Champion by Wrestlemania time while The Rock is the WWE Champion. Then they have Rock/Cena II for both titles at WM and the winner unifies them at last!

But nah, Ziggler will win after a bunch of interference.

#55 ·
Am i the only one who thinks that this match is adding so much quality to this PPV.

As people said it before., I think that Ziggler will cash it before the match actually happens to become champion. And then this match will become WHC ladder match. The fact that Ziggler held the title for 3 minutes in 2011 and the strong possibility that he will have another reign which last 1 hour or 2 is a very important point for this possible match.

AJ turning heel or The Shield helping Ziggler for Justice will make perfect sense. Cena losing here is not a problem for Mania season.

Best match in the card.

#58 · (Edited)
As predicted many times already, Ziggler will most likely cash it in on Big Show at TLC before the match. Then, Vince will make the ladder match for the WHC instead. Ziggler will win somehow, maybe through an AJ heel turn.

The best way to do it would be to reveal that Ziggler and AJ are now together or something and Ziggler finally ditches Vickie. Then hopefully, Ziggler reveals he was using AJ, IDK, whatevs.

Edit: actually, still do the cash in and maybe just have the Shield help Ziggler win because it wasn't fair that he had to put his newly acquired title on the line. He should still ditch vickie for putting him in this position. Please fucking have him ditch her.

But then again, WWE likes to have stupid fucking booking and maybe they will actually have Cena win the briefcase and cash it in for the WWE title on the Rock (Is it fair to assume The Rock is taking it from CM Punk?) for Wrestlemania. Which would be DUMB.

#62 ·
Unifying the titles was rumoured last week as well as Punk going over The Rock and Cena winning the world title to face Rock for that title instead. That seems plausible to keep Punk's reign going if they choose to but they said the unification was unlikely as they wanted a WWE or world title match at every house show.

I don't think The Shield will get involved in both this and the Punk/Ryback match, and that one is far more likely IMO given their history. Interfering in both would be a bit much tbh. Ziggler has to win and I'm guessing that AJ gets involved, accidentally gets hurt and Cena pays for going to check she's ok with Dolph using a chair or a ladder to put him down before collecting the briefcase.

If Cena wins, I'm pissed!

#64 ·
The only way for this to make even remote sense is for Ziggler to cash in on Sheamus/Big Show after their match and win the title. Then ladder match can be for the title. But for Ziggler to go into the match against Cena with the briefcase makes no sense. MITB contract is like a country's nukes, if another country (Cena) is about to try to take em, use em first.

#69 ·
Logically the shield should intervere as not fair on ziggler to defend the beiefcase.

Im expecting to see "if cena wins we riot" signs

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#72 ·
So after what's happened with Punk I imagine this match will more or less get the ending Punk/Ryback would have had. I imagine The Shield will probably lose, hopefully by Disqualification but either way Ryback and Team Hell No will probably get their revenge. Then in the Main Event as Cena is dominating and about to climb the ladder, The Shield hits the ring and beats the crap out of him, maybe even sending him through a table with their Tri-Powerbomb as Ziggler watches on worriedly but climbs the ladder to retrieve his briefcase.

This would push Cena into a feud with The Shield going into the Royal Rumble match, similar to his feud with The New Nexus two years ago.

#75 · (Edited)
Re: TLC ppv make or break for Dolph Ziggler?

No not at all.

Win or lose Dolph has been getting quality TV time as well as tasting what the main event is like with the top dog, John Cena. Dolph is part of the "Young Guns" with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, The Shield, The Miz, Damion Sandow, Cody Rhodes, etc. Even in the case of him falling to Upper Mid-carder for life he'll still be in the main scene because the WWE (Triple H) is really high on the younger wrestlers and wanting to push them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dolph wins the title somewhere around TLC & Elimination Chamber or May - November 2013.

#76 ·
As mentioned before, Ziggler cashing in before his match with Cena and then the Ladder match becomes for the World Championship sounds quite possible. I'd like to see it too, sounds entertaining even if predictable. But sometimes predictable makes for a better spectacle, rather than having "why the fuck did that happen" moments just for the sake of it.

#78 ·
Re: Official John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler Ladder Match Discussion

The fact that Ziggler's MITB is on the line makes his match at the MITB PPV seem worthless,Terrible WWE booking.If Ziggler does actually lose his MITB I will be pissed,The guy MUST become world champion.

#79 ·

The fact that Ziggler's MITB is on the line makes his match at the MITB PPV seem worthless,Terrible WWE booking.If Ziggler does actually lose his MITB I will be pissed,The guy MUST become world champion.
i'm more worried about how he'll win.. a dirty win does nothing for him, this should be the match that makes him a star. In a ladder match cena doesn't even have to look weak to give him the rub, a push from the top of the ladder will do just fine.

Ziggler wins on his own and Cena looks unlucky

#81 ·

I'm assuming this match will close the show. I also think Cena will defeat Ziggler to win the world title, after DZ cashes in during the chairs match.

This may seem like Ziggler is being buried at the expense of SuperCena - but what else would you expect from WWE? In the kayfabe world, Dolph is Mr Perfect to Cena's Hulk Hogan. And Hogan buried Perfect at every opportunity. Furthermore, they didn't hesitate to feed Miz, Barrett, Del Rio etc to John. Why would they treat Dolph any differently?

Also, they often close the December PPV with a babyface win. Ryback was losing to Punk; The Shield was probably going over Orton and Hell No; Cesaro is going over Truth. Logically, Ziggler was going over Show/Sheamus. There HAS to be a babyface win somewhere.

Plus, it gives them the chance of a teaser showdown between Cena and Rock - both as world champions - at the Royal Rumble or the night after.

#82 ·

I hope there won't be Ziggler vs Sheamus feud. Sheamus should not job to this fool after owning his sorry ass for months. I don't want him to cash in or let him do it on Big Show. From what I read, they might bring Mark Henry in the WHC picture anyways so we'll see.

Oh I forgot about this match. Ziggler retains. Thats all

#83 ·

I hope there won't be Ziggler vs Sheamus feud. Sheamus should not job to this fool after owning his sorry ass for months. I don't want him to cash in or let him do it on Big Show. From what I read, they might bring Mark Henry in the WHC picture anyways so we'll see.

Oh I forgot about this match. Ziggler retains. Thats all
Ziggles would probably be booked to use every heel method in the book to beat Sheamus. It will be like when DB was getting owned by Henry on a regular and all of sudden started outwitting Henry once he one the championship.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.