Wrestling Forum banner

Whats your opinion on Antonio Cesaro so far?

6K views 88 replies 79 participants last post by  wrasslin4life 
#1 · (Edited)
^ title. What do you think of this man?

Is he the next Batista?

See less See more
#57 ·
He doesn't need a gimmick. He just needs to get comfortable on the mic, speak a bit louder, and be himself. The only outside character I would add would be this. Have Cesaro start talking about himself accomplishing his dream, and winning the United States title. Perhaps winning the United States title means more to a foreign born star, who may see America as the most powerful, and respected nation in the world. However, the people of the United States are a completely different subject matter. Cesaro should admire this great nation, but unfortunately see no hope in it's people.

Cesaro says that he is proud to live in America where he can dominate, and prove to Americans why "immigration" is feared here in the United States. It's because Americans are afraid the immigrants will be better at everything they do. Antonio says that holding the United States title is special because it's the only one on the the planet because there is only one United States of America, and it's home to greatest United States Champion in the history of the WWE. If he can keep some sort of script to that he will go over as a heel more so than he does now.

#59 ·
Didn't like him at first but he's grown on me since he got rid of Aksana and stopped the 5 different language shit. He's very good in ring and his promos on Americans are funny. He was great on commentary a few weeks ago "It's not a purse it's a satchel, what would you know about fashion King?"

#60 ·
WWE is showing that they REALLY weren't lying about being high on him. Constant times in putting him over in strong fashion. His strong performance vs Sheamus was the definite sign. Lost via countout too. They didn't even want to book him to lose to a plenty credible worker. Toss in his great job in the Fatal Four Way from RAW which had him not only win in dominate fashion, but take out the current Intercontinental Champion and upcoming opponent on Main Event, Kofi Kingston. He's on a big role. Has been since he's gotten the championship back in August. He's gotten pinned, what twice since then? All in fluke fashion too. He's going places. My opinion on him as been what it always has been, he's stellar.

I always love seeing Punker. Sandow has been classic. Dolph's push is ":mark:" worthy. Although, I'd say Cesaro's push right now might be my overall favorite thing going in the WWE atm.

#61 ·
I don't really watch WWE anymore, but Claudio was one of the best Indy talents out there. Top 5 with ease. Such an awesome wrestler and showman. I can only imagine his WWE work being nothing but good, and I'm glad he's doing fine. He can made a lot of things work, so there's a hope he goes far.

#66 ·
(Just the first 20 seconds of the video)

^ That should be his finisher along with the Extreme European Uppercut IMO. Looks so much better than the nutralizer.

Reactions: Nostalgia
#68 ·
After Punk and Heyman its all Cesaro now. Guy is def on a roll now, I actually enjoy seeing him wrestle. His raw power is amazing. Seeing him lift Sheamus and Kofi like its nothing is awesome. He has the looks and skills so hopefully them being high up on him leads to a main event feud to test the waters down the line.

#71 ·
While the uppercut is beyond awesome, I'd prefer the Alpamare Waterslide (that slam move he performed on Sheamus for the 1st time in WWE last week) as his finisher. The way how Cole always says "Rko out of nowhere" is kind of annoying, so I'm not sure if I'd like to see more "out of nowhere" finishers right now. But both moves would be excellent finishers nontheless.

#72 ·
He is quite something...

They should just push him like a Wrestling machine, just really focus on the fact he can win matches against any style (high flyers, powerhouse, techincal or brawlers).

#76 ·
Great worker, big fan of his Indy work, but his character in WWE is very bland. He is basically Ludvig Borga at this point. It is just "Hey, I am foreign, so I hate you America!". There are some cool things they do with him speaking five languages, but I wish they'd do something a bit more than just evil foreigner.

#79 ·
It ammuses me that so many are concerned about him lacking a decent gimmick while at the same time praising his work. Proof that when you have a gift, people will notice. His character will evolve into a more accepted villain once more dimensions are added and soon enough the whole Rugby thing will be an afterthought.

The guy seriously does make me think of what wrestlers in the 50's and 60's would look like. His stance, posture, rugged appearance, and brute strength ooze the old school.

One notable downside is his current finisher when at least 3 of his signature moves are way more impressive. Although, his dead lift of Kofi made it look that much better.

#80 ·
Very good at what he does.

Needs better booking.

Future main event heel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.