Wrestling Forum banner

Punk And Miz DO NOT LIKE eachother!

38K views 198 replies 142 participants last post by  kobra860 
#1 · (Edited)
:lol Damn, that last segment was crazy.

What do you think? It really seemed like they were going off the script with some of those insults, especially Punk. "Cheer Miz a little more", "Your title reign was forgettable" "Go back to wrestling school" WTF :lol

Miz seemed blind-sided and wasnt sure how to react. You cant really blame him, it's hard to come up with a good comeback when you get hit out of nowhere like that. Wouldve been great if he had told Punk to go back to ROH or something crazy like that

Good future feud in the making here, two of the best mic workers in WWE

#13 ·
Ppl that hate Punk will say he crossed the line or he's butthurt and ppl that like Punk will think it was awesome.

Was a decent segment, crowd was so dead during it but what would u expect during a lie detector segment. Punk was harsh as hell l, but hearing Miz say ur momma sucks or something in thag nature as a comeback almost made me change the channel. was that really his comeback as a face? I thought Miz was good on the mic and even great sometimes but im at the point where I think Punk would slaughter Miz if it just was a war of words.

#14 ·
Ppl that hate Punk will say he crossed the line or he's butthurt and ppl that like Punk will think it was awesome.

Was a decent segment, crowd was so dead during it but what coukd u expect during a lie detector segment. Punk was harsh as hell l, but hearing Miz say ur momma sucks or something in thag nature as a comeback almost made me change the channel. was that really his comeback as a face? I thought Miz was good on the mic and even great sometimes but im at the point where I think Punk would slaughter Miz if it just was a war of words.
I agree that exchange was completely one sided. Miz was trying to take heat off himself by dissing Paul Heyman, he didn't even have a mic to defend himself. I'm sure Heyman would have a field day on dissing the Miz if given the chance. The Sheild interfering was predictable, but that saved the segment.

#41 ·
Butthurt Punk is butthurt.

I think Punk is just extremely bitter at the fact that people will still remember Miz main eventing of WM than Punk's irrelevant title reign 5 times over. I mean since when did Miz's title reign ever drew 10 straight weeks of 2.5 ratings like Punk did?

#42 ·
(Y)

Sad. I am a Punk fan, but this personal hatred shit he has for Miz is just stupid. He has to resort to petty insults on a guy he personally can't stand for cheap heat. And although I enjoyed the earlier part of Punk's Championship reign, most of it has been forgettable, so he has some serious balls to come down on Miz's reign.

#112 ·
I thought the entire segment was gold. Heyman warned Miz beforehand and Miz welcomed a pipe bomb. Miz was the first one to bring up events that happened a year ago and punk responded. The your momma joke made me laugh and when punk said Miz I think you suck am I telling the truth about that. I think Miz will be a great face in the future and he held his own unlike other guys on the roster like del rio who gets murdered on the mic. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about that segment.

As for the "real heat" between these two. I'm sure it's not as much as this segment indicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Reactions: TheF1BOB
#154 ·
Still don't quite understand why Punk feels so entitled when it comes to the Mania 27 main event lol. It's like it was HIS show or something, well, according to him at least. I guess it was, I mean, what about that classic with Randy Orton that stole the show and everybody talks about.....

#191 ·
I think some of you guys had unrealistic expectations from that segment or are just trying to bury the Miz because you don't like him or your hero might not like him.
- The segment is NOT Miz vs. Punk. It was centered around the lie detector test and finding out the truth about Punk/Heyman/Shield/Maddox. A verbal battle between Punk/Miz would take away from that and would be counterproductive. Punk's role was to be annoyed/pissed off about doing the test, especially upon hearing insulting questions, and fire insults at the host which he did well. It's debateable whether or not he went too far since some of the insults were legit as they were issues Punk has alluded to in the past in real life. The Miz's job was to hold his composure and keep the show rolling/get to the point, which he did just fine. If he was caught off guard in any way, then he played it off very well. Bottom line is expecting a current midcarder, in the face host role, to go back and forth with or outwit a main eventer he's not in a storyline with in that moment is unreasonable IMO. If anybody looked bad in the segment it would be Punk who clearly dug deep for his insults and got zero reaction while Miz got a huge reaction with a lousy mother joke which took no effort.
- The mother joke was obviously lame, but the delivery was solid and the sarcastic OHHH was even better as evidenced by the crowd and Lawler's reaction. It broke the tension of Punk's tirade and again, got a reaction which is the whole point. Cmon, anybody who watches wrestling with any sort of regularity knows that it's not always about the substance of a joke/catchphrase, it's the delivery and the reaction you get. Miz's own "I'm Awesome" line is a perfect example. It's super douchy but it's catchy and the crowd has been all over it for about 3 years now. If you're looking for intellectual battles and insults then why are you watching PG era WWE in the first place. I don't know why people suddenly had such an issue with that, other than to whine about Miz. Yeah the Miz's joke was lame but telling people they 'suck' and 'need to go back to wrestling school' is brilliant? Right....
- I would personally LOVE a heel punk/face miz feud somewhere down the line. I think they work great together, I loved the disgusted looks Punk was making when Miz was running his mouth in the first segment, especially when Punk thought it was his turn to talk and Miz kept on speaking. I think this feud would be 100x better than Punk/Cena and Punk/Ryback, especially in a setting where both are on the offensive. Punk would get the best in a war or words but Miz seems like he could hold his own better than most.

#192 ·
Good post and I agree with almost everything you said. Usually you are absolutely right it's important who gets the better crowd reaction, but that crowd and almost every other crowd nowadays blow hard. Either way I think both of them played their roles more than fine in the segment and a future feud between the two will be great as far as mic delivery goes.

#2 ·
I didn't know they legit hated each other before. That promo did look a bit awkward.

There were parts where the subtitles of the exchange between the both would be like "asdahagfsdhafdgjadjsahdsf"

#155 ·
I know, I think they'll have a great feud together. An actual feud where the two actually seem like (or I guess in this case, actually do) hate it other would be great.

Though that promo was a bit of a clusterfuck. Them continuously interrupting each other made things hard to hear. Punk did have some pretty funny lines.

#4 · (Edited)
Miz is a good mic worker, but not a good babyface, Punk murdered him.

I think there was a lot of legit frustration and jealousy on Punk's behalf when Miz was being pushed over him a couple of years ago, and it's justified, Punk is miles better than Miz. I don't think they hate eachother though, Miz appeared on Punk's DVD, which Punk apparently had full control over. I think management just told them to go out there and not hold back.

#103 ·
Punk highlighted just how bad a face Miz is...He pure and utter sucked last night. Cringed with the lame high school your mum sucks line. Wonder how long before those who loved him as a bad guy stop cheering for him.

#5 ·
Punk thought he should be in that WM spot and was airing old grievances because years later, he's still butthurt about it.

I don't even get why he'd put heat on him and Miz, when the feud is him and Ryback. Sell the ppv main-event, you idiot!

Miz was just a mechanism to create another CMPunk/Shield/Ryback clusterfuck.

#6 ·
Punk has legit animosity towards Miz for getting that Wrestlemania main event and all that publicity way, way before he deserved it, when Punk felt he did. When heel Punk cuts a promo (like the famous one) about resenting Cena, you can substitute Cena for Miz for IRL Punk's actual feelings. Apparently he doesn't like the person, either. Made for a fun segment, but by gawd kang Miz sucks as a face.

#152 ·
It was 100% rooted in Punk's actual feelings towards Miz. He doesn't feel Miz earned that Wrestlemania main event, or that WWE Title reign. That was Punk's year, and the WWE Title match SHOULD have been Punk vs. Cena.

I loved watching Punk rip into him because he brought Miz back down to earth, and made it very apparent that while Miz is above average on the mic...he's not top tier. Punk took him to school, and you could tell what he said resonated as Miz's face kept getting red and he resorted to childish comebacks.

#8 ·
I wouldn't call "YOUR MOM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" handling one's own. Miz is out of his depth and in the wrong role right now.

#21 ·
Hah! Buddy, Punk picks his fights. And if he doesn't, Rock is gonna shove his boot up his ass.

Punk went after the Miz cause he's the Miz. Miz did get blind-sided. All of you posers would have been blind-sided. Unprofessional to say the least.

Kind believe one-sided insults is regarded as great TV. That was just hella awkward.

#28 ·
Miz did okay, Punk was all over him though. I think their heat seemed real legit too, it gave the segment a really awkward feel. It felt like a fight was going to break out, I guess that's good. Intensity is needed.

However and I must ask this: didn't that blonde streak guy choke Miz? It looked like he choked him to me. Somebody bout to get future endeavored :punk

#89 ·
This. Punk shoots on people he doesn't like and then stupid punk marks think that was a great promo. Just watch Punk's promos against Rock which are going to consist of "Duayyyneee". Funny how the only time Punk or even Cena can cut good promos is when they break kayfabe.

#33 ·
They're making Face Miz look like a fucking chump and Punk BURIED him out there man. You saw the look on his face, Miz was trying to keep it kayfabe the entire time, and I was extremely disappointed when Miz didn't even offer any legit comebacks because that would've been a nice time to shine and get momentum.

But I will say that the promo seemed heated, and while Miz got slaughtered it would be interesting to see a fued down the line.

#34 · (Edited)
Punk owned him, but the Miz obviously got blindsided. I always knew these 2 didn't like each other, especailly after seeing Punk no-selling all of Miz's insults a while back. You could just here it come out of Punk, that's pure venom right there. Miz did a good enough job brushing it off, I chuckled at the mom joke, but that's just because I'm immature at heart. This would make for a pretty intense feud though, especially if Miz didn't get blindsided like that. But alas, it's all forgotten.

And it's obvious Miz isn't entirely comfortable in his new face role. The guy is a heel in real life, a loudmouth jerk. I don't think the WWE realizes that that kind of personality can be a face charecter if done properly (Rock, Austin, Jericho, etc.). This corny charecter has been done to death and it hardly worked the first time, so the Miz either needs to develop a sharper tongue, because dealing with a CM Punk with a live mic is inevitable, or WWE needs to fix his face charecter before he becomes so lame it's beyond repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.