Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Should the IC & US title be combined into the "Universal Title"

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
xagon
Learning to break kayfabe

xagon is an after thoughtxagon is an after thought
Default Re: Should the IC & US title be combined into the "Universal Title"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
Imo there would be no point in merging the midcard belts if they aren't going to merge the World Titles.

If Cena can main event without sniffing the title picture, they don't need two World Titles for the house shows. Just put a really popular guy on the shows that the champion isn't on. Or put the IC Title on someone who's a big deal in the eyes of the fans (i.e. give it back to The Miz), and let him headline the house shows.

The HArdcore Title should be without the 24/7 rule. It shouldn't be used for comedy segments, but at the same time it doesn't have to be a total bloodbath like ECW. Make the matches like the street fights we've had in recent years. Or maybe have the champion defend in a cage match, ladder match, or table match to break up the monotony every once in a while.
Yeah, I agree. Sounds reasonable. The problem could, however, be: Who are those really popular guys the company would trust to be big enough draws besides Cena? Esp. on the Smackdown side? And from everything I've read Vince still firmly believes you need to have a world champion on every house show. I don't think he'd be willing to try out anything else.

Anyway, I've never been a fan of having two midcard and World Titles, but now that the roster split has become meaningless, the concept has lost rly any sense it may once have had. If it weren't for those houseshows....

24/7 rule, I guess you guys are right. It's probably only fun for a time and then just devalues the title until it becomes totally meaningless.
xagon is offline   Reply With Quote