Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NXT star in Royal Rumble, good idea?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
truk83
Humbled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

NXT star in Royal Rumble, good idea?

Even with The Shield being the most recent stars from NXT to show up on WWE television, I'm wondering if we may get another NXT debut for the Royal Rumble match itself. I'm wondering if NXT should hold their own Battle Royal, in which the winner is granted a spot in the Royal Rumble. I could only come up with two options, Big E Langston, and Richie Steamboat. I think with Vickie constantly watching for Langston this could be a possibility for Langston. Steamboat is nothing special, but his name alone should keep some fans interested. His father was never a WWE World's champion, and I think entering the Rumble would be a great way to slowly introduce him to the WWE fans.

They could build up either star with vignettes to advertise their debut to the WWE via the Royal Rumble, but that would require some sense. I just don't see the WWE placing much creativity on any debuts. If they could let the fans know that there is going to be a new star coming to the Royal Rumble it could peak some interest. Giving that star whether it be Langston, or Steamboat a head of steam creatively going in to the Rumble is better than just randomly debuting them without any mention at all.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome