Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Top rivals of some of the classic stars

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #40 (permalink)
BruiserKC
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000BruiserKC 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Top rivals of some of the classic stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
sorry guys I am not giving this a rest I just really enjoy listing this stuff about the classic stars. So forgive me if I keep adding...

Jimmy Superfly Snuka

1. Ray Stevens: Probably his hottest fued although not the greatest Superfly moment
2. Don Muraco: No one will ever forget the image from MSG of him jumping off the cage onto Muraco in an era where that was the highest of spots. Mick Foley and the WWE history machine have not let us forget for sure, and rightfully so in this case.
3. Roddy Piper: Coconut anyone?
4. Jesse Ventura: Their early career fued in the Pacific Northwest elevated them both and got them noticed by rival promoters.
5. Bob Backlund: Few people remember the heel Snuka, he was great. Fewer people remember that in this case Snuka missed the death leap from the top of the cage during this fued.
HM: Bull Ramos, Ripper Collins, Lou Albano
You forgot all about Colonel DeBeers. Without a doubt, that was one of the AWA's biggest feuds in the mid-to-late 80s. Especially when they put in the racial aspect of DeBeers refusing to wrestle Snuka because of the color of his skin, but had no problem with jumping him and piledriving him onto the concrete with that face-first maneuver he used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post

The Fabulous Ones

1. The Moondogs: Just pure bloodbaths, my favorite was when old Jackie Fargo came back for a night to brawl with the Dogs.
2. The Sheepherders: A classic fued that took place over a full decade in different territories and included 5 different Sheepherder teams.
3. Dirty Rhodes (Roger Smith)/ Don Bass: Bass and Rhodes worked as several different hooded tag teams that all lost loser leave town matches after hot fueds with the Fabs, only to reappear as a "different" masked combo. The Interns, Assasins and A-Team.
4. The Rock n Roll Express: Although they actually only wrestled once the rivalry was always in the mind of fans. They were the first two of the wave of pretty boy tag teams to hit the territories in the 80's. The Fabs were for older fans (ladies), the RNR intended for younger audiences.
5. The New York Dolls aka Rick McGraw and Troy (Dream Machine) Graham; This was the Fabs first major fued and storyline and the Dolls were perfect foils.
HM: The Road Warriors, Lawler and Dundee, The Grapplers/ Dirty White Boys
To me, one match doesn't make a rivalry. The two were very comparable, but it just wasn't there. Take the RnR off the list and replace them with the Road Warriors.

"Hands of Stone" Rugged Ronnie Garvin

1. Ric Flair...The rugged blue-collar slugger versus the playboy World champion. This was one of Flair's more underrated feuds in the 80s and Garvin worked well with him.

2. Jake "The Snake" Roberts...I saw many a battle with these two on Georgia Championship Wrestling over the GCW TV title. These two tried to kill one another.

3. Randy "Macho Man" Savage...This one took place during the ICW days and Garvin was almost always a top challenger for Savage's ICW championship.

4. Midnight Express/Jim Cornette...The night Cornette threw a fireball in Garvin's face showed just how intense this feud was. The following matches against Big Bubba and then against Cornette were absolutely great angles.

5. Greg Gagne...In the dying days of the AWA, I thought this was a solid feud over the International TV title. Two solid veterans that (at the time this was Garvin's heel turn) were polar opposites of each other. Too bad their blow-off match at Superclash III was underwhelming.

HM: Ox Baker, Arn Anderson, Greg Valentine

The original heel commentators
BruiserKC is offline   Reply With Quote