Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #5011 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

NJPW World Tag League 2012 Finals iPPV Review

BUSHI, Masaaki Mochizuki, Ryusuke Taguchi & Yuji Nagata vs Kengo Mashimo, Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku

First part of the match was some silly junior X-Division nonsense and Suzuki and Nagata looked pretty unmotivated on this night, so this was pretty bad.

Jado & YOSHI-HASHI vs Diamante Azul & Rush

Rush is shite. His offense looks terrible, he fucks up a lot and to top it all off, he can't even do a simple face-in-peril segment. Half a star for this because of Jado Flair.

Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer vs Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue - World Tag League 2012 Semi Final Match
I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. Archer and Smith's control segment were fun and Inoue continues to show his worth as a good whipping boy.
★★★

Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima - World Tag League 2012 Semi Final Match

It's very refreshing to see TenKoji not work as faces for a change. The match picked up during the finishing stretch and Tenzan took a nasty bump which looks to have legit hurt him. Either that or the mulleted man has worked me good.
★★

Takashi Iizuka, Toru Yano, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi vs Manabu Nakanishi, Strong Man, MVP & Shelton Benjamin
Inoffensive tag match that's only quality that really stuck out was that the dirty finish that further hyped up the Nakanishi/CHAOs feud some more. I am curious to see what match we will get at WrestleKingdom from this feud.
★★

Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata & Kazushi Sakuraba

The rating isn't that high but these four weren't out there to wrestle a 5 star match but were there to hype up WrestleKingdom and only tease any Shinskay/Laughter7 interactions and they did a great job of that. These guys really know how to work a crowd. Ishii's performance stood out as great here. He took a nasty beating and got a great believable comeback until he was put away.
★★★

Gedo & Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & KUSHIDA
Fun back-and-forth match. Not too much I can say about this other than I enjoyed it and the right man won and the right man took the deciding fall.
★★★

Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer - World Tag League 2012 Final Match
This felt rather vanilla aside from Archer being awesome as usual. The finishing stretch had it's moments of greatness though. For example, I was 99% sure that Goto & Anderson would pick up a win here, but a number of near-falls managed to convince me otherwise.
★★

Overall:

Match quality isn't the best but this show does a decent job of hyping up WrestleKingdom. Only match I'd say you should really go out of your way to see is match 6.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote