Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #5011 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000Cactus 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

NJPW World Tag League 2012 Finals iPPV Review

BUSHI, Masaaki Mochizuki, Ryusuke Taguchi & Yuji Nagata vs Kengo Mashimo, Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku

First part of the match was some silly junior X-Division nonsense and Suzuki and Nagata looked pretty unmotivated on this night, so this was pretty bad.

Jado & YOSHI-HASHI vs Diamante Azul & Rush

Rush is shite. His offense looks terrible, he fucks up a lot and to top it all off, he can't even do a simple face-in-peril segment. Half a star for this because of Jado Flair.

Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer vs Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue - World Tag League 2012 Semi Final Match
I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. Archer and Smith's control segment were fun and Inoue continues to show his worth as a good whipping boy.
★★★

Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima - World Tag League 2012 Semi Final Match

It's very refreshing to see TenKoji not work as faces for a change. The match picked up during the finishing stretch and Tenzan took a nasty bump which looks to have legit hurt him. Either that or the mulleted man has worked me good.
★★

Takashi Iizuka, Toru Yano, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi vs Manabu Nakanishi, Strong Man, MVP & Shelton Benjamin
Inoffensive tag match that's only quality that really stuck out was that the dirty finish that further hyped up the Nakanishi/CHAOs feud some more. I am curious to see what match we will get at WrestleKingdom from this feud.
★★

Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata & Kazushi Sakuraba

The rating isn't that high but these four weren't out there to wrestle a 5 star match but were there to hype up WrestleKingdom and only tease any Shinskay/Laughter7 interactions and they did a great job of that. These guys really know how to work a crowd. Ishii's performance stood out as great here. He took a nasty beating and got a great believable comeback until he was put away.
★★★

Gedo & Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & KUSHIDA
Fun back-and-forth match. Not too much I can say about this other than I enjoyed it and the right man won and the right man took the deciding fall.
★★★

Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer - World Tag League 2012 Final Match
This felt rather vanilla aside from Archer being awesome as usual. The finishing stretch had it's moments of greatness though. For example, I was 99% sure that Goto & Anderson would pick up a win here, but a number of near-falls managed to convince me otherwise.
★★

Overall:

Match quality isn't the best but this show does a decent job of hyping up WrestleKingdom. Only match I'd say you should really go out of your way to see is match 6.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote