Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by septurum View Post
Hickerson is the only guy you named who I am not familiar with. I think a legend is somebody that all or most fans know. Think of baseball. Babe Ruth is a legend. Ed Taubensee probably isn't. A great player for sure but a legend he is not. Sure, most of the guys mentioned in this thread were good or maybe even great but legendary? I think to be a legend, you must be well known among most fans of the sport in question.
Septurum, if you want to go with a baseball analogy that actually makes sense I can do that too. You seem like a very good poster and I am not trying to insult you. Legends are defined by the people and the fact is each and every one of those guys especially Phil Hickerson is considered a legend in comparison to other guys, especially when looking at the longterm history of this sport. Look, how many ball players make it to the major leagues? How many wreslters made it to main events? Phil Hickerson, Sputnik Monroe, Tojo, Billy Jack Haynes sure they are not Babe Ruth, or Stan Musial...but they are Craig Nettles, and Dale Murphey , Gorman Thomas, and Cecil Cooper who although are not Hall of Famers are most certainly considered legends by their fanbases.....not Ed Taubensee (which was a bad comparrison).

I think the problem here between us is that you think of legend as a super-duper star... I think of a legend as a guy who paid his dues, achieved longterm success and is respected in the biz by his peers.

Last edited by Greenlawler : 12-02-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote