Wrestling Forum banner

Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

8K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  Mr. Socko 
#1 ·
Idealstranger has done a great job with forgotten legends. But who are some legends, for whatever reason, that have somehow been totally overlooked. They might get occasional mentions on someone's list or spotted on a you tube clip, but do not get the love they should.

I was thinking about this yesterday as I was remembering some of the great fueds of my home area and I thought of the legendary Jackie Fargo. Unless someone grew up down here or is looking up Lawler, that guy has truly gone off the radar.

Who are some guys like this, that younger fans might be interested in doing some research on? Guys so off the radar that even Starnger probably won't get around to covering? Of course their are a boatload of guys like this from the 40's, and 50's. Feel free to mention anyone from any time period.

Here are some I thought of....Stranger excuse me if you have covered, or plan to cover some of these guys, just feeling really nostalgic tonight...

Sputnik Monroe: Great southern territory worker who helped usher in racial equality in the turbulent south.
Barron Mikel Scicluna: While a jobber in the WWF for a while, still had a very colorful and meaningful career
Tojo Yammamoto: Probably one of the greatest "foreign heel" characters of an era.
Sweet Daddy Siki: A touring African American star who wrestled just about everyone, but often under the radar.
Phil Hickerson: Probably best (for better or worse) known as PY Chu Hi in the World Class area, but a steady star in the 70's and 80's who helped develop alot of guys and was part of a great tag team with a young Dennis Condrey.
Billy Jack Haynes: It seems crazy that I am even typing his name here the guy was so over in the 80's in Portland and during a WWF run.

Just a few.....

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.