Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Top rivals of some of the classic stars

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Gaz.
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Gaz. 501 - 1000Gaz. 501 - 1000Gaz. 501 - 1000Gaz. 501 - 1000Gaz. 501 - 1000Gaz. 501 - 1000Gaz. 501 - 1000
Default Re: Top rivals of some of the classic stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
sorry guys I am not giving this a rest I just really enjoy listing this stuff about the classic stars. So forgive me if I keep adding...

Jimmy Superfly Snuka

1. Ray Stevens: Probably his hottest fued although not the greatest Superfly moment
2. Don Muraco: No one will ever forget the image from MSG of him jumping off the cage onto Muraco in an era where that was the highest of spots. Mick Foley and the WWE history machine have not let us forget for sure, and rightfully so in this case.

3. Roddy Piper: Coconut anyone?
4. Jesse Ventura: Their early career fued in the Pacific Northwest elevated them both and got them noticed by rival promoters.
5. Bob Backlund: Few people remember the heel Snuka, he was great. Fewer people remember that in this case Snuka missed the death leap from the top of the cage during this fued.
HM: Bull Ramos, Ripper Collins, Lou Albano

Kamala

1. The Undertaker: Probably his most well known angle. He will always be remembered as one of the Takers WM foes.
2. Andre The Giant: Totally forgot this one on the Andre list. I should have had Kamala there. Their fued climaxed with an awesome cage match where Andre sat on his chest once and Kamala kicked out. Before a second sitting did him in.
3. Jerry Lawler: Lawler helped create the Kamala character, and then had several epic runs with the big man.
4. Brusier Brody: As for many of the monsters of that era, he was put up against Brody and chaos ensued.
5. The Von Erichs: As Akbar's main hand in Devastation Inc. it was a given he would tussle with the "chosen family" of World Class
HM: Jake Roberts, Great Kabuki, JYD
Completely agree with Snuka, but I'd probably swap the top two around. The whole Muraco/Snuka thing is historic, and some of the 'Superfly's' interviews were so damn intense.

And as for Kamala, he never fought Undertaker at WrestleMania. Just thought I'd point that out.

Gaz. is offline   Reply With Quote