Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 03:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.

xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

But who say every guy who competed in the 60s and 70s is a legend?

The fact that you only became familiar with Flair in 01-02 leads me to believe you know nothing about wrestling before 1998. And it has nothing to do with age. I don't know, I figure the internet, Youtube and torrents is the perfect way to find out about a particular wrestler and what he was like. And by 2001, Flair had become a mockery of what he originally was. He pissed on his legacy because he needed the money.

The fact is, and you did this in the Peter Maivia thread, your knowledge of certain guys is limited to whatever WWE says. Nobody is saying every guy in the 60s or 70s is a legend but I'd bet my left nut that you know nothing about the guys me, 777 or the OP are even naming. Because if you did, you would realize that they were not mid card talents, but accomplished wrestlers back in a time where professional wrestling wasn't limited to 3 companies. We're talking guys from the territorial days and unless you experienced it, you can't say whether they are legends or not just because you've heard of them. Not to mention, many of them passed away before you even know what wrestling was.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote