Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elipses Corter
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.

Elipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth reading
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

From what I understand, Junkyard Dog was over big time in Mid South. Many might not regard him as a legend due to not having much success in WWF or WCW but he was 1 of my favorites as a kid. I remember my eyes watering when I heard how he died. IIRC, he was either going to his daughters graduation or coming from and fell asleep behind the wheel. Just watched an old ECW PPV from Georgia in 1998 and it shocked me at how over he was with the fans when Joey Styles introduced him (along with "Dirty" Dick Slater, "Bullet" Bob Armstrong and somebody else).

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
Do 'legends' get forgotten?

People still remember names like Lou Thez,Gorgeous George,Bruno Sammartino,Ric Flair,Buddy Rogers,Hulk Hogan etc

It's only the mid-carders of the past and people who had very few memorable moments that are forgotten.

Dude, wrestling is bigger than WCW or WWF. There have been plenty of guys who should be recognized as legends from the territorial days that people don't consider legends because they didn't hit it big in WCW or WWF. Guys like Bobby Eaton, The Rock N Roll Express, Tommy Rich, Eddie Gilbert, Bruiser Brody, The Shiek, "Ice Man" King Parsons and plenty of others are legends but people who are so short minded that they limit their wrestling knowledge to Attitude Era, NWO or guys who are widely acknowledged that they forget others who did their thing in the business before it became mainstream.

So, are you saying a guy like Tommy Rich or Austin Idol are not legends?

Last edited by Elipses Corter : 12-02-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote