Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NCAA HOOPS: LOUISVILLE 2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
View Single Post
post #93 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Hit-Girl
46 and 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)

Re: 2012-13 College Basketball Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Anthony View Post
As a UK fan I expect you to laugh at our b-ball program, but we have had some VERY good seasons. Considering we're a football school [with a very good baseball program.] We just haven't had any tourny success.

We were good in the mid 00's, DECENT, when we had Robert Hite and Guerilmo Diaz. Diaz was nicknamed the Flying Puerto Rican and had MAD hops. I believe he was MAYBE six foot one on his best day. Hite had a minimal NBA career, Diaz is playing overseas. Those teams were scrappy as hell and went to war with the best the ACC had to offer, UNC, Duke, Maryland and NC State every game. I don't think that team had a signature win though I think they beat Duke one year.

The Jack McClinton led team should have won a few games in the tourny few years back but ran in to DJ Augustin and Texas. McClinton was all hype. There's a reason he's out and DJ's in the league.

We just got Coach Larranaga who did great things at George Mason. We've got Reggie Johnson who is a stud and Durand Scott who can take it to the next level. Tons of young talent on this team and about to come in. This is just the beginning for the U in b-ball.

Off top, that was probably our best non-conference win in school history.

It seems like a few years ago Miami beat Kentucky in hoops actually.

I asked because I see nothing wrong with a team that hasn't had alot of success in basketball rushing the court over a top 20 team. Let the students have a little fun.

-sig by CHAMPviaDQ

WE'RE THE BAD NEWS, WE'RE THE YOUNG GUNS, WE'RE THE ONES THAT THEY TOLD YOU TO RUN FROM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome