Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #93 (permalink)
OldschoolHero
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

OldschoolHero OldschoolHero OldschoolHero OldschoolHero OldschoolHero OldschoolHero OldschoolHero OldschoolHero
Default Re: Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
Recently started reading The Death of WCW by Alvarez and Reynolds. While I'm enjoying the information and details of day-to-day operations, I am finding the writing needlessly mean spirited and cruel.
Id give the book 3/10 honestly. They point the finger at alot of people but didnt even try interviewing them. They also pulled some figures (attendance,merchandise sales, ticket sales..et.c) without a single source for that information. It shouldve been alot better but it was what it was.

They also put some lies in the book. I remember they were talking about Great American Bash 1999 and they made fun of it for opening with a rundown of the card. They said wcw didnt even promote what was on the show. They go into this whole ordeal about it but the thing is, WCW had advertised most of the matches for the show, they added one or two bonus matches, which they always did. Also, wcw always opened with a rundown of theere card.

Just lots of small shit like that annoyed me. I hate it because alot of these young kids on these boards who never watched wcw, read this book and think they know what the fuck is up with wcw even though the book is full of shit.
OldschoolHero is offline   Reply With Quote