Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#2,506 · (Edited)
Re: NBA Thread: 12/13 Season - SPREAD ON A LITTLE MAYO

If only the trades didn't fall through during the trade deadline last year...

The Celtics can still be a tough out in the playoffs and potentially make an ECF run, but let's face it. These guys aren't winning a title, Danny Ainge needs to cut the crap and stop not pulling the trigger on blowing the team up because the vets beg him not to. He's done that shit twice already and I really hope it doesn't happen a third time.

Just fucking imagine if the trades went through at the 2012 deadline. If the vets didn't convince Danny to pull out of the Grizzlies trade that would've sent Ray Allen to Memphis for O.J. Mayo and the Grizzlies 1st round pick. Or that Portland didn't step in and the Celtics would've gotten the deal that Portland got for Gerald Wallace but Brooklyn would've ended up with Pierce. That sets the Celtics up to have 4 first round picks in 2012, one of the deepest drafts of the last 10 years.

This could've been the Celtics rebuilding team this year: Starting lineup of Rondo/Mayo/Barnes/Sullinger/Drummond with a bench of Moore/Bradley/Green/PJ3/Stiemsma. And that's just me assuming based off players they would've had and draft picks, they could've signed a quality free agent or two. Oh what could've been...

#2,526 ·
#2,513 ·
Re: NBA Thread: 12/13 Season - SPREAD ON A LITTLE MAYO

I'd only do that type of bet if Lakers were at all close to the Warriors' record. to answer your question, at the moment I don't think they'll end up with the better record.

but I also don't think the Warriors will be the fourth seed, like you apparently do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.