Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #9608 (permalink)
Evan Stays TRIPPY
Still the GOAT

Evan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missedEvan Stays TRIPPY probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I prefer Bret, but the margin isn't as big as some probably believe. Bret for some reason or another just DID IT for me , seemingly putting on some fantastic matches with guys that never should have had anything resembling ***+ (SEE Jean-Paul Lafitte & The Patriot). Part of the thing with Bret was that he was a REAL character in what was at the time (in 1995) a cartoon world of wrestling. I always believed that Bret's best era was his comeback at Survivor Series 96 until Surivor Series 1997 , where he was practically untouchable (even by GOD-like HBK).

This may seem like a whole different discussion, but I believe the only things that Shawn hold over Bret is his longevity, and while Shawn wrestled the greatest match of all time IMO at BB 97, Bret wrestled in the second greatest match ever at WM X vs his brother Owen. If I could just run down Bret's ****+ matches from that era ;

vs Austin SS 96 : ***** (Top 12 match ever)
vs SID IYH XII : *** 1/4
vs Taker vs Austin vs Vader IYH XIII : **** 1/2
vs Austin WM XIII : ***** (4th best WWF/WWE Match Ever)
vs Austin IYH XIV : (Yet To Be Seen)
Canadian Stampede Tag : **** 1/2
vs Taker SS 97 : ****
vs The Patriot IYH GZ : *** 3/4 (Probably the most impressive of all)
vs Taker ONO 97 : **** 1/2
w/Bulldog vs Vader/Patriot : (Yet To Be Seen)
vs Shawn SS 97 : ****

I'm going to have to see if this checks out as the greatest year for any individual performer in WWE history. Seriously, I'm willing to bet that this is it, I really need to put my hands in the dirt and research this shit up.

"He's not the biggest. He was never the strongest. He was never the fastest. He was overlooked. He went in the sixth round. So with that being said, all of the intangibles that a quarterback is supposed to have, they overlooked it with him because it was burning from inside of him" - Ray Lewis on Tom Brady