Wrestling Forum banner

WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Anyone planning on going??

326K views 3K replies 375 participants last post by  Jendo 
#1 · (Edited)
WRESTLEMANIA 29 - Planning and excitement thread for atendees! 7 days away!

Alright everyone -

The day after WM27 last year, we started this thread in reference to the just-passed WM28. So, let's do it all again and start our road to WM29 right now! Money allowing, I'd freaking love to head to NYC next year. Who's going?!?!

#1,920 ·
Local commercials during Raw last night said Feb 9th is when they go on sale. Commercial ran twice during the show.

#1,924 ·
Someone answer this for me. How are row's lettered in WM29? Im looking to purchase seats in Floor 13, Row J or D. Common sense dictates row D would be CLOSER to the ring right? Is this how WWE does the row's?? For example, row AA or A is closer to the ring than row Z right???

#1,928 ·
Sooo... I am going to Wrestlemania :D

Already booked the flight and handled some other stuff, but still need all the tickets. I was wondering what you guys recommend where to get them best. I am not interested in any VIP Meet and Greet or anything like that. I am looking for a ticket for the Hall of Fame and Wrestlemania itself. Of course I'll attend Raw too, but as mentioned in this thread the tickets aren't on sale as of yet. Also looking for Ring of Honor tickets, but it seems like they are easy to order on their homepage.

I looked on ebay for Wrestlemania and HOF tickets, atleast there are still more than enough. Just wondering if you guys recommend to buy them anywhere else.

#1,940 ·
I just notice that too but u can buy GA tickets at the door i did that back at WM 27

#1,947 · (Edited)
i am and i cant wait its gonna be my first time going to wrestlemania and things that weekend too ive dreamed about it since i was a kid watching wrestlemania 14 and then watching wrestlemania 17 3 years later and seeing almost 70,000 people i said i gotta do that one day 12 years later i am and im doing it at a stadium i never thought would get wrestlemania ever (i really thought mania this year was gonna be in san fran or somewhere else in california) almost 2 months away im so psyched i dont even listen to the haters because i dont want it to bring down my mood its my 1st time i want it to be positive. heres what im going to that weekend: thursday april 4th-wrestlemania 29 axxess at izod center in new jersey (general admission). friday april 5th-roh supercard of honor 7 at the hammerstein ballroom in nyc (section A row 6 floor). saturday april 6th-2pm-roh tv tapings in the grand ballroom (4th row balcony) and 8pm-the wwe hall of fame ceremony at madison square garden in new york city (section 221 row 5) (im really psyched for the hof big time behind mania this will be the 2nd highlight of my weekend) sunday april 7th-wrestlemania 29 at metlife stadium in new jersey (section 134 row 9). and on monday march 25th im going to monday night raw at wells fargo center in philadelphia pennysylvania (secton 211 row 12) just 2 weeks before wrestlemania 29. im so psyched beyond belief i think about it every day i cant wait i wish the time would speed up faster and i hope the weather holds up for everything too come on mother nature be nice!

#1,949 ·
nice those should be some good shows i cant wait for all of them you should definetely get your tickets to raw very soon rock was just announced for it not too long ago and i hear its been announced locally in philly so definetely get them before they sell out and theres only GA left for roh supercard of honor 7 so get those before no tickets are left. i wonder when roh will start announcing matches i guess after the anniversary show in march we'll see!

#1,955 ·
I am sorry to go a little bit off topic here, but I don't really know where else to put this.

Well, after getting such great response about my ticket issue, I am now looking for a place to stay. When I booked my flight at the travel agency the hotel prices were rather expensive. So I thought I'll just look for a place to stay by myself.

After checking some sites and comparing some possibilities, I feel like the best way to do this is to stay with some private person in their apartment.

I'll arrive in New York on April 1st and going to stay for about eight days. Looking at offers on craigslist this seems to offer a way better price-performance ratio than any hotel I have found so far.

Anybody who has expierence with this or any reason why not to stay with some private person instead of a hotel?

#1,956 ·
Anybody who has expierence with this or any reason why not to stay with some private person instead of a hotel?
Serial killers and rapists frequent craigslist! ;)

You can check airbnb and couchsurfers for a more reliable experience.

Also some people have offered to split rooms before (including myself).

NYC is super expensive, but the area near mania and raw has some more reasonable hotels with easy transportation to NYC.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#1,957 ·
I have never heard about airbnb before, but this seems to be a great option aswell.

You stay at the La Quinta Inn, don't you? It sure is a nice place to stay, but something like 150€ (200$) per night. Staying for 7 nights, the price is similar to what the guy in the travel agency offered me. To be honest I was hoping to find something cheaper. I won't be staying in my room at all, so all I need is a place to sleep, a small place for my bag and a shower.
After WM I am going to travel through the US and Canada for several months so the first few days I'll probably spent all my time on buying a car, getting an insurance, buying communication devices to stay in contact with both local people I meet and friends/family at home and so forth. So there really is no need for anything fancy about the place I am going to stay at, as I won't spent any time there.

Of course there is still lots of time, but at the moment I tend to use airbnb.

Again, thanks.

#1,960 ·
I second this .. expedia is a great site.. as is TRIVAGO .. some awsome deals on this site.. we went direct to the neweyorker site and got some great prices

You could always stay in a hostel if you're okay with rooming with a few strangers. I did that for Mania last year and it was actually pretty good. I hadn't stayed in a hostel ever and was skeptical, even a little worried, but it turned out just fine and will likely do the same for Mania this year. It's so much cheaper than a hotel, you just need to do a little research to find a good hostel.
agreed ... the first timei went to new york to work i stayed in a hostel... sharing a shower room etc and have 7 other stranger sin there is kinda freaky but mega cheap and i actually still to this day say it was my best night sleep i ever had...

#1,966 ·
Hey girls and guys! Flights all booked - flying from Heathrow at 8.40 on 2nd April and returning to the UK on the 9th at 17.50! Woooo!

Hotel, Mania and HOF all booked. Now it's just ROH, Raw and a City Pass to do all the touristy stuff in NY!

I thought that Tuesday was the presale date for Raw tickets? If so, codes will be out on Monday hopefully!

Not long to go now guys! Loking forward to meeting up with you all before HOF!

#1,969 ·
Good on ya. . I'm getting super excited now .,. Can't come fast enough . .

Yep I too am getting me a city pass or might even book into a day tour to see the lot. . .

Closer to the time we will need to set the meeting arrangements down in stone so we all know where to be and when

We will certainly see you at the airport on the way home as we fly just 25 mins after you . . .

#1,972 ·
Its so frustrating atm lol. First one friend says he cany go for idk what reason, and just minutes ago the person everyone expected to backout has backed out. So now I have to look for 2 replacements. ive never traveled with a group, is it easy for u guys if anyone of u are heading to Mania with ppl.

#1,973 ·
For some that's never been overseas on my own I've got a totally un related question to wrestling;

While in NYC I'll be staying both at the Roosevalt and the Grand Hyatt and will be making a few trips alone to the MSG for Knicks and Rangers game. Is it safe enough for me to walk there to and back to my hotel after the games or should i go with transport?

I'll be travelling alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.