18. UNLV
19. Baylor
20. San Diego State
21. Gonzaga
22. Notre Dame
23. Wisconsin
24. Cincinnati
25. Florida State

MYCK KABONGO gonna lead the Longhorns to DAT NATIONAL TITLE. Ok we all know Kentucky's winning again :side:

See less See more
#132 ·
Re: 2012-13 College Basketball Discussion Thread

That win reflects well on the U, since we owned Sparty this year in the Challenge.

On a side note, Terrance Shannon of FSU suffered a seemingly very serious neck injury during the Noles embarrassing beat down in Virgina. The delay was 10 mins and he need to be stretchered out, he wasn't moving at all. It looked horrible. Leonard Hamilton said he was wiggling his toes a bit and moving his fingers though, so that's good news. Shannon is a Junior and has tremendous potential.

#135 ·

Yeah Florida looked impressive from what I saw.

Do you like all of the Florida teams? Like, I know Miami is your favorite but it seems like you have a soft spot for all of them.

#136 ·

I root for all the guys from my area first and foremost. College, pros. Anyone who grew up playing in Palm Beach/Broward/Dade I like to root for.

FSU I have a soft spot for since my sis went there and I went to quite a few games for Homecoming and Parent Weekend. They grew on me. I tolerate the Noles, but I still enjoy putting them down whenever my sister's around. They're kinda like little brother to me now. I think that's the way it's always been on the field anyway.

I can just talk about rivals without being a complete homer sometimes. Gotta give credit where it's due.

#139 ·

Yeah that's what happened with me and T.J. Ford & D.J. Augustin. Followed those guys careers from high school to the pros. I was in middle school when T.J. was in high school, I used to go to a lot of his games. I thought he was great, pretty much looked up to him. I actually went to high school with D.J. Augustin, his senior year which was my junior year. We knew who each other were but weren't close friends or anything like that. Doubt he remembers me all these years later lol.

But yeah it can be exciting to follow someone's career from when they were young to all the way to the NBA. It's great to see the players develop before your eyes.

#147 ·

The U's got a pretty good squad this year. I've never really remembered them being a good basketball school but they should rise up in the rankings after tonight.

Will probably be like #17 or 18 now at least.

#148 ·

Miami had a really fun, scrappy squad in the early/mid-2000's led mainly by this dude, The Flying Puerto Rican. Check out this dude's hops. This was in High School.

A fucking P.R. does not need to be flying through the air like that.

And Robert Hite, who had a cup of tea with the Heat in about '07. Great shooter in college.

Other than that, in my era, the team that played the DJ Augustin Longhorns in the tourny in I think '08 was the only Canes team to really get close to being somewhat relevant.

Exciting times indeed. We're definitely tourny bound, but this team looks like they want to keep the mojo going in ACC play.

And the whole new news with the investigation? Great day.

#150 · (Edited)

Nah, Diaz/Hite were there from about 03-06 which was just after those two had left. Tim James was on those late 90's Miami teams as well. The Canes don't have too shabby of a history considering they only joined D-1 in '85. Can't forget ole' Rick Barry.

The best thing about the Canes is that Larranaga has them playing DEFENSE. They switched to man last year, was a down year, but you look at that effort tonight and you can see that they're getting at it on the defensive end with a passion, it's paying off. They're buying in to his philosophy. This team is literally getting stronger every game.

Butler lost tonight after that amazing game winner against Gonzaga. Florida was in a game early, but rolled late. I would love to see a Miami/UF meeting in the tourny.

Amazing finish in the... HOFSTRA / DREXEL GAME. :mark

#151 ·

Meh, I knew Duke was overrated when Kentucky almost beat them with a bunch of freshman while missing their point guard. I said that early on. Same thing with Louisville. Kentucky, with a bunch of freshman almost beat them AT Louisville while missing 13 free throws. Louisville wins by 3.

I'm really liking Kansas right now. They might just win it all and get some redemption for Ghetto Anthony.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.