Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #9551 (permalink)
Jack Evans 187
CM GOAT aka DR. PHIL

Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000Jack Evans 187 11501 - 12000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Extreme Rules 2011

Last Man Standing
Randy Orton vs. CM Punk - *** 1/2

United States Championship - Tables Match
Sheamus (c) vs. Kofi Kingston - ***

Country Whipping Match
Jack Swagger & Michael Cole vs. Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler - N/R

Falls Count Anywhere
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes - *** 1/4

Loser Leaves WWE
Layla vs. Michelle McCool - ** 1/4

World Heavyweight Championship - Ladder Match
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - ****

World Tag Team Titles - Lumberjack Match
Kane & Big Show (c) vs. Wade Barrett & Ezekiel Jackson - * 3/4

WWE Championship - Steel Cage Match
The Miz (c) vs. John Cena vs. John Morrison - ****

Overall: 8.5/10

- Feelings on Orton/Punk didn't changed on this watch. Very good match loaded with physicality, but I thought a lot of the spots were really predictable too. Orton's selling is really weird and I hate it when they book him to just totally bury people to win the match. Acceptable blowoff and a great opener though.

- Sheamus/Kofi has to one of my all time favorite table matches, most usually suck anyway. Love how they kept teasing the end with Kofi escaping every time, then BOOM, awesome spot to end it. Perfect match for its place on the card.

- Not gonna put a rating on the Country Whipping match. Did its job I guess but it's not like I cared about it.

- Rey/Cody is seriously so much fun. Loads of creative spots all over the building. Loved it when Rey's holding Cody's face up towards the mirror and he turns it into a disaster kick. For the build it had and its spot on the card, it could've gone longer, but it feels longer than 11 minutes anyway. The finish is real random.

- It's a shame no one in the crowd cared about LayCool's match. They brought the goods for 5 minutes, especially that late reversal into the Styles Clash that got like 2 reactions. Good match, super dead crowd.

- Maaaaaan, this was my 3rd time seeing Christian/Del Rio, and I raised the rating and liked it the most here. The drama is off the charts and the build is fantastic. The teases with Christian hanging inside the ladder thinking Del Rio's gonna win then when Christian's about to win and out comes Brodus were really well done. Glad they didn't edit anything either cause Brodus got busted open big time and Christian took that nasty bump against the steps in the middle of the match. Just a really damn good match with a finish that makes me mark out every time.

- Didn't have a problem with the Lumberjack match, besides not knowing who half of them were. Did its job of creating dissension between Barrett & Jackson and that body slam was NICE.

- The main event over delivered on every level for me. Hell of a good watch with a lot of nice spots. Double suplex spot looked really nasty, plus Morrison channeling his inner Jeff Hardy and sacrificing himself a couple times. I seriously loved Truth's promo from earlier in the show and his interference here was perfect. The finish was awesome, although I know some people will probably be like 'well where the hell was Morrison?' No big deal, just selling the Truth beating. Shame those two never got a blowoff on PPV. Could've been real good.

- I haven't had the chance to rewatch Money in the Bank or Summerslam, but this is definitely a top 3 PPV from last year. Could even end up as my #1. So much consistency and two flat out great matches.