FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nottingham, UK.
Re: i$e's Magical Music Megapost
1. Amenra - Mass V // Genre : Doom / Sludge / Post-Metal // Year : 2012
My new AOTY. Crushing riffs, sludgy dark atmosphere, excellent production and awesome songwriting. Highly rec'd even to those who don't listen to this kind of stuff.
2. The Fall of Troy - Ghostship // Genre : Post-Hardcore // Year : 2004
Their best release. A set of demos from inbetween their debut and second LP, but mixed properly. They showed more maturity here than after this (where they started to go down hill) but this is a real post-hardcore gem. Varied and awesome.
3. Intriket - The Woods // Genre : Electronic // Year : 2012
Low-dub electronica in the vein of Clubroot & Burial. Excellent use of samples and has a great atmopshere. Really grows on you as it progresses.
4. The Veils - Nux Vomica // Genre : Indie // Year : 2006
Stunning indie/folk album that you can compare to Nick Drake & Neutral Milk Hotel. Very emotional, vocal driven songs and a real hidden classic.
5. Anberlin - Vital // Genre : Indie // Year : 2012
Alt Rock done well. Catchy and varied, chrous heavy. Last song in particular is excellent. Pretty upbeat.
6. Hammock - Departure Songs // Genre : Post-Rock // Year : 2012
Best post-rock of the year. Awesome soundscapes and not cliched like most of the other releases you hear in this genre. Feels more like one slow boat ride out to sea. Acquire.
7. Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind // Genre : Hardcore / Metalcore // Year : 2012
They stepped it up and delivered a stunning hardcore release here. Riffs, vocals and drumming are ON POINT. I expect a lot of people in here have already got this but I'm adding it to the master list.
8. Moving Mountains - Pneuma // Genre : Post-Rock / Post-Hardcore // Year : 2007
Savage album that mixes up a ton of 'post' genres. Great mix of clean/scream vocals and the same goes for the instrumentals. Has an awesome atmopshere. Kinda like Devil Sold His Soul but more varied.
Last edited by i$e; 11-29-2012 at 06:19 PM.