18. UNLV
19. Baylor
20. San Diego State
21. Gonzaga
22. Notre Dame
23. Wisconsin
24. Cincinnati
25. Florida State

MYCK KABONGO gonna lead the Longhorns to DAT NATIONAL TITLE. Ok we all know Kentucky's winning again :side:

See less See more
#121 ·
Re: 2012-13 College Basketball Discussion Thread

Notorious, I've been saying Michigan is the best team all year. But Duke is pretty formidable as well.

Flip Pressey's draft stock isn't great. Probably a late 1st round pick, or a 2nd round pick. Lack of height, lack of finishing around the rim, and lack of a jumpshot. Will be problems. However, he is a tremendous point guard, and playmaker. Really hard to guard 1-on-1. Explosive penetration.

Bowers is probably a 2nd round pick, at best. I think the knee injury will hurt him. He's not that big for a 6'9 PF. Good shooter, though. And a smart player. That might get him drafted.

#123 ·

Pressey will be a late first round pick at best.

Like Mikey said, he's small and isn't really that great of a scorer. Sure he can get some baskets but I feel like he can be a much better scorer than he is. Him being undersized already hurts his draft stock and the lack of a consistent jumper, doesn't make it any better. Most likely he'll be a mid second rounder unless he has a really great tournament showing.

#124 ·

I wasn't expecting him to go that high. Missouri doesn't have NBA type players but they are unique. I think that helps them. They are bonafied college players. Pressey doesn't need to score cause he has Bell and Ross. Bowers doesn't need to rebound all that much because Oriakhi is a great rebounder. Missouri plays as a team and it seems to work pretty well. They just plain out blew the game last night.

#128 ·

ACC play has started... WOOP!!

FSU survived after being up big all game on Clemson. Exciting finish to a FSU dominated game, holding on in the end. Trevor's lil bro Devin is a senior now and looking to have a big year. Sure he will.

On my Canes side I hope Durand Scott steps the fuck up this year and Reggie Johnson will be back soon tearing shit up. Rion Brown could have a breakout year. Already got a big non-conference win over Mich St., so far so good.

I can see the ACC being deep in the field this year. If NC State can tighten up on defense and gel a bit more by tourny time, they'll be one of the most dangerous teams out there.

SEND IT IN JEROME!

#129 ·

Damn good game just took place between Syracuse and Louisville. Syracuse with the upset, Louisville with some stupid turnovers down the stretch, particularly on their last two possessions. Peyton Siva finished with 10 TO's today. So far some good games ESPN's showing.

#132 ·

That win reflects well on the U, since we owned Sparty this year in the Challenge.

On a side note, Terrance Shannon of FSU suffered a seemingly very serious neck injury during the Noles embarrassing beat down in Virgina. The delay was 10 mins and he need to be stretchered out, he wasn't moving at all. It looked horrible. Leonard Hamilton said he was wiggling his toes a bit and moving his fingers though, so that's good news. Shannon is a Junior and has tremendous potential.

#135 ·

Yeah Florida looked impressive from what I saw.

Do you like all of the Florida teams? Like, I know Miami is your favorite but it seems like you have a soft spot for all of them.

#136 ·

I root for all the guys from my area first and foremost. College, pros. Anyone who grew up playing in Palm Beach/Broward/Dade I like to root for.

FSU I have a soft spot for since my sis went there and I went to quite a few games for Homecoming and Parent Weekend. They grew on me. I tolerate the Noles, but I still enjoy putting them down whenever my sister's around. They're kinda like little brother to me now. I think that's the way it's always been on the field anyway.

I can just talk about rivals without being a complete homer sometimes. Gotta give credit where it's due.

#139 ·

Yeah that's what happened with me and T.J. Ford & D.J. Augustin. Followed those guys careers from high school to the pros. I was in middle school when T.J. was in high school, I used to go to a lot of his games. I thought he was great, pretty much looked up to him. I actually went to high school with D.J. Augustin, his senior year which was my junior year. We knew who each other were but weren't close friends or anything like that. Doubt he remembers me all these years later lol.

But yeah it can be exciting to follow someone's career from when they were young to all the way to the NBA. It's great to see the players develop before your eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.