Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

330K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#1,807 ·
re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

well i know we'll rarely be able to make really cheap buys seeing as soon as we're interested the price magically jumps up. Same as a lot of the bigger clubs (in b4 Liverpool isn;t a big club anymore :side:). Case in point, Gaston Ramirez. Now not sure how accurate all the reports were but Liverpool and City were rumoured to be interested, and the price was ~18+ mil. Neither team puts in an offer and he goes to Saints for like 12 mil.

#1,808 ·
re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

agents drive up the price a lot by linking their players with the big clubs. lots of times that's an effort to get more money from the current club, or to manufacture a move, but a lot of times, the selling club holds all the cards, except in occasional circumstances where the contract is ending or the player is demanding to leave. guys like carroll were so high because liverpool was desperate to get a striker and newcastle didn't have to sell and could name their price.

#1,810 · (Edited)

Sandro cost £6m. Bale cost £5m. Lennon cost £1m. Adebayor cost £5m. Vertonghen cost £8m. Lloris cost £8m. Ekotto cost £4m. Kaboul cost £5m. Parker cost £5m. That is almost our first eleven. But most were signed before they were who they are now to be fair.

#1,811 ·

Sandro cost £6m. Bale cost £5m. Lennon cost £1m. Adebayor cost £5m. Vertonghen cost £8m. Lloris cost £8m. Ekotto cost £4m. Kaboul cost £5m. That is almost our first eleven. But most were signed before they were who they are now to be fair.
How many of them were by Comoli?

#1,813 ·

Pity he didn't bring that scouting talent to Liverpool :downing but I guess he didn't have a Daniel Levy at Pool to stop him from going nuts with all that money :kenny

#1,815 ·

Pity he didn't bring that scouting talent to Liverpool :downing but I guess he didn't have a Daniel Levy at Pool to stop him from going nuts with all that money :kenny
Commoli got a lot of stick from Spurs fans and I imagine from Liverpool fans too but he did make some good crucial signings for us. Obviously Ekotto and Bale stand out from todays pile (although you could argue that everyone knew about Bale at the time), but he did sign us Berbatov and Modric and for that I'm grateful.

#1,814 ·

there's bargains out there if you just get the right player at the right time.

kompany 6 mil, zaba 6.45 mil, hart 600k, clichy 7 mil + academy kids who could turn out to be bargains. it also depends on what you classify as a bargain. for 12 mil, we've got a lot out of barry since he's arrived, but to others that seems expensive.

#1,819 ·

there's bargains out there if you just get the right player at the right time.

kompany 6 mil, zaba 6.45 mil, hart 600k, clichy 7 mil + academy kids who could turn out to be bargains. it also depends on what you classify as a bargain. for 12 mil, we've got a lot out of barry since he's arrived, but to others that seems expensive.
Suarez was 20+ mil but i shudder to think what we'd be like without him.

as far as bargains/value for money then Enrique was around 6 mil, Skrtel 6.5 mil, Lucas 6mil, and Bellamy in his latest stint was free. Agger, Alonso etc weren;t expensive. Then we have Suso, Kelly, Robinson, Wisdom, Flanagan, Morgan are coming up through the acadamy (or bought cheap when young in the case of Wisdom and Suso), Sterling was bought for cheap + add ons so there is some value around but the trouble with buying young players is the time that it takes to develop them.

#1,818 ·

it's just about taking the punt on a lesser name. and sometimes changing positions. prince vince was a midfield when he joined us, and got transformed into a defender out of necessity. then became a champion.

i mean, probably the best signing of the last few years is michu for 2.5 mil. there's a fair few players at clubs like rayo, espanyol and similar clubs who arent in a position to demand high amounts for their players. michu in particular, is tall but still has great dribbling abilities, and laudrup has been smart enough to make him into basically a striker, instead of a goal scoring midfielder. small changes like that can mean the difference between good and great, and the better managers are able to make those types of players better.

#1,820 ·

Well really the only reason Kompany went for cheap and no one else really went for him was because of his injuries. He has joined Man City for the relatively cheap price and stayed injury free for the most part. He always had the potential, I mean I remember buying him when he was 16 back in the old Champ Man days.

#1,825 ·

People seem to forget Kaboul was absolute GASH the first spell he had at Spurs.
TERRIBLE. So so bad. Inexperience more than anything though. I mean whenever he played alongside GOAT King he was okay, but never ready for proper first team football, he had all the ingredients to be top top class but his concentration lacked. Partnering him with Dawson though was a recipe for disaster.

Must of learnt a lot at Portsmouth because he came back a completely changed player. He really has come on leaps and bounds and has EVERYTHING a top class centre back needs. Pace, power, strength, great heading, well timed tackles. I just hope he is the same when he comes back from injury and doesn't become a bit injury prone because of it. DAT SPURS DEFENDERS INJURY CURSE.

#1,823 ·

:torres was a gamble and turned out to be a bargain. I remember :fergie saying something about not trying to buy him because he didn't think he was going to be prolific enough. Suarez was a bargain and a gamble because nobody trusted him because of the baggage he brought with him. Low 20m for both but well worth it.

then we just got stupid with Carroll :kenny

#1,826 ·

a lot has to do with maturity too. nastasic has been our best defender this season, and he's just come over from a new different league, can barely speak english and is 19. i shudder to think of how good he'll be when he's 22-23.

#1,828 ·

a lot has to do with maturity too. nastasic has been our best defender this season, and he's just come over from a new different league, can barely speak english and is 19. i shudder to think of how good he'll be when he's 22-23.
Yeah most definitely. Caulker seems very mature and has his head well and truly on the ground which is good to see for someone so young, the guy is special and it is going to be a great headache for AVB to have when we have Caulker, Kaboul and Vertonghen all fit.

#1,827 ·

Van Der Sar for £2 million turned out to be of United's best ever buys. He came in and ended all the years of goalkeeper fuckery that we had previously and helped United to loads of trophies.

#1,829 ·

Van Der Sar for £2 million turned out to be of United's best ever buys. He came in and ended all the years of goalkeeper fuckery that we had previously and helped United to loads of trophies.
Right up there with Cantona, Keane, Ole, Schmeichel, Vidic and Ronaldo as far as signings go for united and all pretty much excellent value.

#1,837 ·

depends how the rest of the season plays out. and who's available to replace him.

i will say people who say that this is a display of a team not showing team spirit have never seen a team down in the dumps.

#1,838 ·

The official UEFA World Team of the decade (2000-2010): Formation: 4-3-3
Casillas
R.Carlos - Maldini - Cannavaro - Thuram
Zidane - Viera - GERRARD
Raul - Henry - Ronaldinho -

got it off fb

#1,844 ·

The official UEFA World Team of the decade (2000-2010): Formation: 4-3-3
Casillas
R.Carlos - Maldini - Cannavaro - Thuram
Zidane - Viera - GERRARD
Raul - Henry - Ronaldinho -

got it off fb
I see everything is in order here, no complaints. Except where is the greatest midfielder who ever lived. Paul Scholes???? :fergie :fergie :fergie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.