Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Indy Wrestler Question

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Flux
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Flux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a push
Default Re: Indy Wrestler Question

It depends on the wrestler themselves. I'm not claiming I know a lot, but I presume someone like Colt Cabana is a lot better off than you would think. Simply because he doesn't limit himself and his time to accepting bookings, wrestling at them shows, getting his pay and then repeating somewhere else. From what I've gathered from his podcast and other interviews, he is involved in a lot of other stuff that creates some form of income for himself - Whether that be the podcast himself, making a lot of business partnerships, his merchandise, his comedy and whatever else he may or may not do. Add all of that on top of the money he may or may not have saved from being in the WWE for a short while, his money from his ROH appearances and the other shows that he does, then I'm sure he's doing well for himself.

Or maybe think of someone like Kevin Steen or El Generico. Both play very prominent roles in the biggest independent promotion in North America, and are probably on the higher end of the pay scale. They also take bookings elsewhere, such as PWG and in Generico's case, Evolve, DGUSA, CHIAKRA etc. And even to their appearances at much smaller, lesser known independents, where they are probably taking up the majority of the expenditure that promotion has to make, then I'm sure they're getting by with just the money they are making from that. As well as selling a lot of merch, I would presume, and occasionally competing in Japan, Europe and wherever else they go. They're making decent money by simply wrestling, unlike Cabana who has other business ventures as well.

Then compare that to someone lesser known, newer to the business. For example, take ACH. Starting to become more well known and more relevant in the independent scene, but in the grand scheme of things, he plays a very small role. Probably has no merchandise t sell and may not be as appealing to the bigger promoters in the USA and outside of the USA compared to other talents. He probably gets bookings wherever he can, buddys up with a friend and travels the road together or as a group, sharing the cost of fuel and food and what have you. I can't imagine him living an amazing life and I'm pretty confident in saying that he certainly couldn't retire now and live happily at all, but he's making the sacrifices at an early age so that hopefully he can climb the ladder and reach a position where can do so.

Of course, I am guessing, presuming and assuming a lot of things. For all I know, Cabana may be scraping and ACH may be a multi-millionaire because his parents are business tycoons or something. But I guess that it all depends on the person, their business savvy, their popularity and their money managing skills. Those are the three best examples I could think of, but I don't think there is any way we could say how a wrestler lives unless we are wrestlers ourselves or we know them personally. It all depends on the circumstances, I guess.

Flux is offline   Reply With Quote