Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Shield Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #1092 (permalink)
rockdig1228
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

rockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more seriousrockdig1228 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Shield Discussion Thread

Jeez, why can't some of you just let things play out before passing judgment? They've been on screen a grand total of 3 times (4 if you count the run-in on Main Event) and have only spoken once. Let the storyline develop for a month or so before you decide on anything. Yes, many of us have waited a while to see Ambrose and Rollins on tv, but I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

While I'm on the topic, I actually think they've been brought to tv in a very smart fashion, since it allows for their characters to evolve. Maybe down the line Ambrose will start to lose it and slip into the character he's been so successful playing, but that makes the transformation all the better. Remember when CM Punk finally got the chance to use his "Straight edge means I'm better than you" shtick? It was so much more fun to see the turn, in my opinion.

And bringing Rollins up as a heel will allow him to see the error of his ways and turn into a good guy, which he is much better at playing (and his moveset is more conducive to that alignment). Since I'm here, I'll go ahead and take shots at those who said his part of the promo wasn't good... what exactly were you watching? It was perfectly acceptable. Yeah, nothing ground-breaking but it got the point across and he was calm, articulate and sounded like he believed what he was saying.

Finally, Reigns is the unknown here. He doesn't have the body of work like Ambrose & Rollins so we don't really know what to expect. He's played the silent enforcer well, like others have said, but I believe that's to protect him in the long run.

All in all, I think they've played the angle to perfection and they'll be able to cover each other's weaknesses considering the varying talents of the three. Stop over-analyzing everything and just enjoy something for once.