Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread
View Single Post
post #7199 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Jack Evans 187
The Conqueror

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH on HDNet: Volume 5

Pick 6 Series
Delirious vs. Kenny King - ** 3/4
Episode 38

Pick 6 Series
Tyler Black vs. Sonjay Dutt - *** 1/4
Episode 38

Pick 6 Series
Colt Cabana vs. Claudio Castagnoli - **
Episode 39

Pick 6 Series
Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong - *** 1/2
Episode 41

Pick 6 Series
Chris Hero vs. Kenny Omega - ***
Episode 42

Pick 6 Series
Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe - ** 3/4
Episode 43

Pick 6 Series
Kenny King vs. El Generico - ** 3/4
Episode 43

Pick 6 Series
Tyler Black vs. Roderick Strong - ***
Episode 45

#1 Contender's Match
The American Wolves vs. The Young Bucks - *** 1/2
Episode 46

Austin Aries & Kenny King vs. Tyler Black & Roderick Strong - ** 1/2
Episode 49

ROH World Tag Team Titles
The Briscoes (c) vs. The Young Bucks - *** 3/4
Episode 48

Overall: 7/10

- Black/Dutt really surprised me. I expected Tyler to win without too much opposition but it was actually highly competitive. Dutt controlled with some back work early on and it developed into a finishing sequence chalk full of as many counters as you could possibly think of. Sleeper match of the disc for sure.

- Richards & Strong don't have bad matches against one another. Hero/Omega had so much potential but it was wasted by using the same formula over and over and over again. Here's the whole match in one sentence: Omega runs circles around Hero, then he gets caught with an elbow. That was it, literally. I'm a huge Hero fan but there's matches like these that make me wonder what the fuck was he thinking? His only aspect of offense was an elbow strike, and that loses its luster when you see it 14 times in one match. Cool chair spot on the outside though.

- Briscoe vs. Briscoe is a pretty big deal when it happens, but this one was clearly just an exhibition. It just looked like a match the brothers had been rehearsing for years and practicing with. Everything was executed well though. Black/Strong was fine but it was just something we've seen before and I wasn't emotionally invested it, plus Aries got involved a time or two.

- They tried to book a MOTYC in Wolves/Bucks but it was really disjointed. The first half basically felt like a tornado match with guys everywhere and too many "hot" tags for the Bucks. The finish was exciting, yes, but overall it wasn't as good as their first HDNet encounter. Solid match nonetheless. Briscoes/Bucks was great, no complaints. Match of the disc imo.

- The weakest of the first 5 HDNet sets for sure. Nothing awful but you can find better matches between the same opponents in several other places. No standout matches like previous sets either.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome