Wrestling Forum banner

11/30 Smackdown, Main Event & SMS Spoilers

17K views 202 replies 79 participants last post by  Perfect.Insanity 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Zachary Krites for the following WWE Main Event spoilers from tonight's tapings in Bossier City, Louisiana:
* JBL and Michael Cole are on commentary this week.

* John Cena beat Damien Sandow with the STF. Sandow cut a promo before the match and controlled most of it

* Antonio Cesaro defeated Zack Ryder. Cesaro cut a promo after the match but was interrupted by Kofi Kingston. Kofi challenged for next week's Main Event and Cesaro accepted.

Thanks to Zachary Krites for the following WWE Saturday Morning Slam spoilers from tonight's tapings in Bossier City, Louisiana:
* Kane defeated Jinder Mahal.

* Daniel Bryan defeated Heath Slater.

Smackdown:

Dark Match:

* Santino Marella defeated Luke Hawx

Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler is revealed for later, possibly a dark main event.

* SmackDown opens up with John Cena picking on Dolph Ziggler. Alberto Del Rio comes out and wants Cena to leave his show. Del Rio taunts Cena. Cena says he wanted to wrestle in the main event tonight but is happy with going at it now.

* John Cena defeated Alberto Del Rio. Ziggler attacked Cena on the ramp after the match and hit him with the Money in the Bank briefcase

* Backstage segment with Cena and Booker T. Cena is upset and wants to get his hands on Ziggler. Booker says Ziggler first has to face Sheamus tonight.

* The Great Khali squashed David Otunga. Hornswoggle was at ringside with Khali

* Kofi Kingston, Kane and Daniel Bryan beat Darren Young, Titus O'Neil and Wade Barrett in a long six-man match. The end came when Kane chokeslammed Young and Bryan put him in the No Lock.

* Damien Sandow came out looking for an apprentice. He brought a fan in the ring and gave him an IQ test. The guy failed on the last question and Sandow dismissed him from the ring.

* Damien Sandow defeated Tyson Kidd in a quick match.

* Sheamus beat Dolph Ziggler by DQ in the main event. They fought for a while and went to the floor several times. Sheamus had Ziggler in the Cloverleaf submission when Big Show came out and caused the DQ. Show and Ziggler beat Sheamus down until John Cena ran out for the save. Cena cleared the ring to end SmackDown.

See less See more
#106 ·
LOL Ziggler has shit cred to consider him a ME player atm. He's gone over Orton many times, but something isn't clicking and I ain't feeling it. Maybe when he wins the title. He was extremely fierce on Raw, but it was short lived. The vibe he had on that ep was the most intense I have seen him as far as I remember. Also Cesaro needs Swagger to feud with, NOW.

I think the MITB should develop a curse gimmick to put an end to the concept once and for all.

#125 ·
im a Sandow fans but the marks on here are ridiculous. Pushing someone to the moon doesn't get you anything *cough* Alberto *Cough* Sheamus *cough*

#130 ·
The show features:

John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio - Match of the Night
Team Hell No and Kofi Kingston vs The Prime Time Players and Wade Barrett
The Great Khali vs David Otunga
Damien Sandow fan quiz
Damien Sandow vs Tyson Kidd
Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal vs The Uso's
Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus

Overall thoughts: The show was a wrestling heavy show with quite a good few matches, so it gets the thumbs up from me. It didn't really advance any angles or storylines though since they did alot of that on Raw I don't have alot of thoughts otherwise because there is very little to comment on. If you want to see a bunch of good matches, this is for you, but if you want more than that, this isn't for you.

Full review with pics/gifs/quotes in my blog.

Shots from the show:

#132 ·
It was an enjoyable enough SmackDown on the whole. There were a few duds here and there (Khali's match was a waste of time, Cena versus Del Rio and the 3MB bouts weren't anything that special). But the six-man tag contest, Sandow versus Kidd encounter and the main event were all a fun watch. Speaking of Sandow, his new segment was also very amusing and I'm always happy to see him on the mic, I hope it sticks around.

Full recap on my blog.

#133 ·
Sandow was the star of the show as per ush. The man is a god on the mic, give him 20 minutes per show, I'm super serial. #SouthParkReference

Enjoyed the team of Kane, Bryan and Kofi. Bryan and Kane getting along now is a refreshing change, their dysfunctional act was getting stale. They need to officially name Bryan's diving headbutt the "flying goat" haha.

Barrett not getting an entrance, then losing gets a (N) though.

#136 ·
what is the name of the finisher Cena used on Del Rio? I read that move tore teh Rock's quad at WM28, and Cena only uses it at PPVs because it's so dangerous.

#140 ·
How many times has Booker pleaded with a wrestler not to cause a fight since becoming GM? Seems like he says the same thing to a wrestler each week 'Come on dawg, i can't have this on my show, please for me dawg don't do this, i can't allow this, there will be consequences if you do this".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.