Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota/Jasper, Minnesota
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Impact Wrestling 2010: From Russia With Love
Impact Wrestling News: Lots of Details on New Knockouts-Only Show & More
- As announced by Hulk Hogan last week, Impact Wrestling will be debuting a brand new, Knockouts-only show Wednesday April 7th on Spike T.V. The working title for the program will be Knock Out: Women's Pro Wrestling. The show will air every Wednesday at 8 P.M. Most of the shows will be taped, before each live Impact Wrestling broadcast, with the exception of a few shows that will be aired live.
- The decision to launch a female-only brand was largely spearheaded by Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey, mainly due to the fact that Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment will be in charge of producing the show. To ease the transition from Spike TV to FX, Impact Wrestling officials agreed that they would bring at least one potential future show back to the network which obviously ended up being this one.
- As you can imagine, the subject of launching a female-only brand was one that spawned quite a debate. Many feel that a female-only show will ultimately fail due to fans simply not caring as much. The opinion of Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, which turned out to be the opinion that mattered, is that they know very well that a female-only show won't due as good as the male show as far as ratings go but they feel that by focusing on women that can actual wrestle instead of women that are simply there as eye candy, they can carve out a niche amongst certain fans. Plus it's something that WWE isn't currently doing.
- To fill out the roster, Impact Wrestling has hired back two former Knockouts. Christy Hemme will now be in charge of the ring announcing while SoCal Val will be the backstage interviewer. Also, to handle the commentating, Impact Wrestling has hired Todd Keneley. Todd recently worked with Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan on Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling. The other commentator seat will be filled by Mick Foley. Mick Foley was said to be kind of a surprise choice to be commentator since he was pretty much burned out of it when he left WWE but he's said to have taken a particular interest in working with the Knockouts as of late so him announcing isn't that huge of a surprise.
- As for the fate of the Knockouts Championship and Tag Team Championship, the Knockouts Championship will be kept but renamed to the Women's Championship. The tag team championship will not be used, at least until they add a little more to the roster.
- Last week's broadcast from Madison Square Garden scored a 1.6 rating.
- Also last week, it was announced for Victory Road that Samoa Joe will be taking on all three members of the New World Order in a three-on-one match where if he wins, the N.W.O. goes away but if he loses, both Scott Hall and X-Pac get contracts. Also announced, by Jeff Jarrett, the Motor City Machine Guns will be facing off against London and Kendrick's enforcer Tommy Mercer. The updated card for Victory Road is as follows...
A.J. Styles vs. Jeff Hardy [C] - Impact Wrestling World Heavyweight Championship Steel Cage Match
Beer Money vs. The British Invasion [C] - Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship Match
Bobby Lashley w/ Kristal Lashley vs. D'Angelo Dinero - King of the Mountain Qualifying Match
Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, & X-Pac vs. Samoa Joe
The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Tommy Mercer w/ London & Kendrick
Preview for 3/11/2010
- A wild ending to last week's broadcast resulted in Raven becoming the first ever Impact Wrestling Television Champion but it didn't come cheap. Scott Steiner and Matt Morgan returned, distracting Kurt Angle, allowing Raven to get the victory. As he was celebrating his victory, "The Monster" Abyss snuck up behind him and knocked him out, holding the T.V. title over his head as the show ended. Now this week, both men look to avenge what happened to them as Kurt Angle tries to get back at Steiner and Morgan and Raven tries to get answers out of Abyss.
- Per Jeff Jarrett's orders, Paul London and Brian Kendrick will be making their Impact Wrestling in-ring debut against The New Mega Powers.
- During the X Division Championship match last week, Christopher Daniels interfered, causing the match to end in disqualification. Now this week, Daniels must face both Kazarian and Mistico in a tag team match as well as trying to find a partner to go along with his slightly crazy antics. Can Daniels find someone who agrees with him or will he be forced to face Kazarian and Mistico alone?
- Before their match at Victory Road, The British Invasion and Beer Money will go one-on-one against each other starting this week as James Storm takes on Doug Williams.
- In our main event, A.J. Styles goes up against "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe. Can A.J. focus and not get distracted by outside influences or will he continue to struggle?
- Also scheduled for this week...The N.W.O. looks to try and build some momentum going in to their critical match at Victory Road as Kevin Nash takes on Amazing Red.
- All this and more, Thursday March 11th, live from the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. Only on FX!
Last edited by CoRyP2008; 11-26-2012 at 11:42 AM.