Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

329K views 9K replies 174 participants last post by  Deck The Halls With Funes Mori 
#1 ·
Old thread got too big. Leave the memories alone.

I think MAZACAR deserve to feature in the first post :mata :hazard :bosscar2

:rvp and :javy for carrying United.

:dzeko for saving City.

:suarez1 for just being Suarez.

And finally some BRAVE lads :hesk2 :barry (We need some current BRAVE VILLA smilies)

Let's see if we can kill this thread before the end of the season.

#1,837 ·
re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

depends how the rest of the season plays out. and who's available to replace him.

i will say people who say that this is a display of a team not showing team spirit have never seen a team down in the dumps.

#1,838 ·
re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The official UEFA World Team of the decade (2000-2010): Formation: 4-3-3
Casillas
R.Carlos - Maldini - Cannavaro - Thuram
Zidane - Viera - GERRARD
Raul - Henry - Ronaldinho -

got it off fb

#1,844 ·

The official UEFA World Team of the decade (2000-2010): Formation: 4-3-3
Casillas
R.Carlos - Maldini - Cannavaro - Thuram
Zidane - Viera - GERRARD
Raul - Henry - Ronaldinho -

got it off fb
I see everything is in order here, no complaints. Except where is the greatest midfielder who ever lived. Paul Scholes???? :fergie :fergie :fergie

#1,845 ·

Gerrard was an amazing player in his prime. Carried Liverpool a lot of the time (didn't intend on making that rhyme (just rhymed again)). Saying that it's a travesty is over the top.

#1,847 ·

You mean these?

My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder.
Zinedine Zidane

In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
Xavi

I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is.
Edgar Davids, in his prime

Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.
Pep Guardiola

The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy – Scholes.
Patrick Vieira

I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other ‘stars’.
Thierry Henry

#1,904 ·

You mean these?

My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder.
Zinedine Zidane

In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
Xavi

I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is.
Edgar Davids, in his prime

Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.
Pep Guardiola

The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy – Scholes.
Patrick Vieira

I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other ‘stars’.
Thierry Henry

You missed one -

"I was so busy doing all his tackling for him that I convinced everyone into thinking that he was better than he really ever was..."

Roy Keane

And Keane should be in that team over Viera. He was magnificent at everything someone in his position should be to justify a world class label.

#1,848 ·

Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of (Lionel) Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be.If you don't have a player like Steven Gerrard, who is the engine room, it can affect the whole team.When we were winning league titles and European Cups at Real, I always said Claude Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself, (Luis) Figo or Raul would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard. He has great passing ability, can tackle and scores goals, but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can't learn that -- players like him are just born with that presence.
Zinedine Zidane

An excellent player, in my opinion, he is a modern player because he is a player who runs, marks, knows how to pass, cross, score goals and he is a leader on the field for Liverpool. So he is a player that I would like to have in my team.
Kaka

If you were looking for the player you would replace Keane with, it would be Gerrard, without question," Ferguson told The Sunday Times. "He has become the most influential player in England, bar none. More than Vieira." "Not that Vieira lacks anything, but I think that Gerrard does more for his team than Vieira does, and has way more to his game." "I've watched him quite a lot. To me, Gerrard is Keane. Everywhere the ball is, he seems to be there. He's got that unbelievable engine, desire, determination. Anyone would love to have Gerrard in their team.
:fergie

Gerrard has been my idol for 10 years and is one of the best players in the world. He is the example of what all midfield players aspire to. He is always there in the heat of the battle, leading by example. He is everywhere you look - in defence, in the middle of the pitch and in attack. I would love to be close to that level
Daniele De Rossi

I think Steven Gerrard is a fantastic player. He has been loyal to his club, he has won some big trophies with the club. He always plays at a high level when he is not injured. He is a very good person to have as a team-mate in your team. He always gives 200%, is a good fighter and has good skills and a good touch with the ball also. He feels more like an international player rather than a normal English player. English players have big hearts always fighting, very aggressive but for me Gerrard for me feels more international. He has more skills than the normal player.
:ibra

#1,851 ·

There is really no point in comparing Gerrard to the likes of Scholes and Xavi anyway I guess since both of them are proper CM's and Gerrard is an AM. He shouldn't be anywhere near centre midfield.

#1,866 ·

If that was ronaldo and i admit suarez these journos would be all over them but no not bale.

More daily mail shite not to mention that prick ashton looks like a right nonce.
His article is called ''Ash Wednesday''.

Safe to say that he's a fucking clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.