Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #7187 (permalink)
Chismo
TAKIN' A MULLIGAN

Chismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselvesChismo has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Well, Chikara's third iPPV is around the corner, so I decided to re-watch the very first one:

1. Jigsaw vs. El Generico

This was on the pre-show. Crazy, fast paced Lucha sprint with the hot crowd, this was perfect for the card place. And good call on Jigsaw going over. Jig almost never disappoints me, and Generico is Generico, nuff said.

***1/4

2. The Young Bucks vs. The Colony (Fire Ant & Soldier Ant)

Damn good. This was dangerously close to the **** territory. This is how you work a fast paced, high energy tag match without going into overkill.

***1/2

3. Sara Del Rey vs. Jakob Hammermeier

Watching Sara dismantling goofy dudes = FUN!

**1/2

4. Green Ant vs. Tursas

This was an awesome grudge match where every damn move, every little thing mattered. Green Ant is such an underappreciated singles competitor. I know Chikara can struggle with big grudge matches sometimes, but that was not the case here. This rocked. The storytelling was awesome, and you could really feel animosity and tensions between these two. I love this match. Tursas needs to come back, and I definitely need to see more of him.

***1/2

5. Archibald Peck vs. Colt Cabana

Cabana and his comedy always suck, but damn, he fits so well in Chikara somehow. Archie is a true BOSS, he provided a ton of fun here. Can he do anything wrong? Solid comedy match, very much needed on the show.

6. Gregory Iron vs. Icarus

I admit I felt uncomfortable watching Iron wrestle, because generally I can't hide my feelings towards handicapped people. Anyway, this was solid, your typical story about an underdog trying to overcome big odds. The biggest flaw of the match was the boring middle portion, it really dragged.

7. NO DQ LUCHA DE APUESTA (mask & mask vs. hair & The Eye of Tyr): The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black & Hallowicked) vs. Die BDK (Tim Donst & Ares)

Now, I don’t really know what the Eye of Tyr is, because my Chikara history knowledge is relatively weak, but these guys fought really hard over it. Damn good hardcore brawl, such a fresh content from Chikara. The Arena style match, props for booking this one. I guess this marked the end of Die BDK story, but not the end of Donst/Hallowicked.

8. 12 Large Summit Finals for the Grand Championship of CHIKARA: Eddie Kingston vs. Mike Quackenbush

The biggest and the most important clash in Chikara history. This felt big, huge, special. The first ever Grand Champion is going to be crowned. What a great match this was. It’s even better now on the re-watch, one year later. Old shool war, power struggle, where everything mattered. No wasted moves, excellent selling from both, especially from Kingston, mind games, top notch character work, but with both guys willing to play little dirty, because the stakes are damn high. Quack is a crafty and cunning grappling bastard, and Kingston is a warking, willing to go through hell and back to prove his point. So yeah, this was fantastic. The best match in Chikara history, someone correct me if I’m wrong. The post-match crowning with Sweeney’s family was really nice and emotional, but Kingston almost ruined the feel-good moment with his completely unnecessary rant about WWE and TNA, he even name-dropped Cena, Triple H and Styles. WTF was that? Smh…

****3/4

Excellent PPV debut for Chikara. So much variety and color on the card, this was a great trip. They know how to book, how to tell a good story, how to make a show, how to create something really entertaining and unique that separates them from the rest of the crew. Not to mention the high in-ring work quality, which culminated in the unforgettable main event. Big thumbs up for this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbrian View Post
TV shows are the best entertainment programmes like wrestling. My favourite TV show is RAW and SMACK DOWN. I specially like fight of Rey mysterio and Randy Ortan. It was very amazing fight with lots of stunt.