Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #7185 (permalink)
Groovemachine
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Groovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new hereGroovemachine better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

PWG BOLA 2012 Night 2

TJ Perkins vs Sami Calihan - ***
~ I like seeing TJ show off a bit more attitude. He annoyingly forgets the leg work half way through but then it comes into play for the finish so I guess all is forgiven.

Adam Cole vs Eddie Edwards - ***1/2
~ Really fun match. I'm probably going to sound like a broken record in this, but I could watch Heel Adam Cole until the cows come home. Playing up the humour to begin with, they got serious and the closing minutes were pretty hot. I've rated this equally to their ROH Glory By Honor XI match, it's pretty much on a par with that encounter.

Michael Elgin vs Brian Cage - ***1/4
~ Rather devoid of emotion but they busted out some nice stuff.

Ricochet vs Roderick Strong - ***
~ A crisp contest as you'd expect from these two. Strong works well with pretty much any high flyer.

Team Statutory vs B-Boy, Younger & Mack - **3/4
~ The whole Team Statutory thing just wasn't funny, although it did make me miss old school heel Davey. The trio of Mack, Younger & B-Boy did some good stuff together so it was at least reasonable.

Sami Calihan vs Adam Cole - ***1/4
~ Good stuff here, although they can and have done much better in the past.

Michael Elgin vs Ricochet - ***3/4
~ Awesome, a ton of fun. A classic speed vs muscle contest.

Rick Knox, El Generico & Kevin Steen vs Young Bucks & Brian Cage - ****
~ Classic PWG, this was the very definition of 'fun'. The face in peril stuff with Generico early on was tag team wrestling 101, and built perfectly to the 'surprise' entrance of Steen. Their dynamic was played really well, and I loved the little touches, like the Package Piledriver/Brainbuster combo from their tag team days. Also they didn't overuse Knox so his role was very entertaining too. Another year, another fun non-tourney multi-man match. PWG has got this kinda thing down to tee.

Adam Cole vs Michael Elgin - ***1/2
~ Possibly not quite as epic as they were going for, but there were a couple of excellent nearfalls which kept it very entertaining. Post-match stuff was off the charts too.

A very fun weekend overall, Elgin/Richards from N1 and the Knox/Generico/Steen 6-man from N2 are probably the only standouts but there was very little subpar and both nights are an extremely easy watch. As ever, you just can't go wrong with PWG.