Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!

View Single Post

Old 11-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #942 (permalink)
Rush
Turn Out The Lights

Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Wake me up when November ends :'()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Jet View Post
I said two years ago that Torres was physically not the same player and I've yet to see people point that out. He used to run away from people like he was at another pace entirely, he'd made defenders look like they were running in quicksand. I don't know if it's injuries or what but now he's just nothing, no explosiveness, no real burst of pace. Nothing. The same thing has happened Rooney, but unlike Rooney, Torres doesn't have the ability to reinvent himself. His entire game revolved around pace.
Injuries fucked him for sure. Some strikers when they lose their pace can rely on being skillful but really Torres' game wasn't based on being particularly skillful. He was an awesome striker for us, but when you've had some injuries, not as quick as you were and have a bunch of pressure lumped on you b/c some muppet paid 50 mil for you then it will take its toll.