Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread - GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!
View Single Post
post #913 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Joel
Joined For Fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Wake me up when November ends :'()

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arseache Kid View Post
Yes actually. Shouldn't have been sacked.
Keep fooling yourself.

Quote:
He didn't though, he saw that a pretty old squad (Mourinho doesn't do youth) needed certain parts replacing but wasn't given the money to do so. Unlike Mourinho.
When those certain parts don't get replaced, then you have to make do and find what is the best tactic for those parts to make an effect. Not do what you want to do. Mr. Villas-Boas also found this out the hard way.

Mourinho's Real Madrid side is very young for the record.

Quote:
Well we finished on 82 points in 05-06. We finished in the CL Final in 06-07. We didn't do much in 07-08 although we got to the semi's of the CL. 08-09 you mentioned. 09-10 we did awful in the league although we did get to the Semi-Finals of the Europa League So how far away from major trophies were we? Well, not very. With a side constructed on average money he was able to be challenging for something in May of every year he was with us. Frankly that's what I'm after from a manager.
Not far away is not winning. The league is always the measuring stick. And Rafa was never really close to winning it bar that one season.

Average money? Don't be silly. Rafa spent and spent at Liverpool. This was discussed just a few days ago. I don't get why Liverpool fans have a hard time accepting the amount he spent.

Quote:
I like that you think Benitez gives two fucks about Mourinho. Mourinho may care about him but Benitez doesn't give a fuck. He took the Inter job because they were the European Champions and offered him it. That's how shit he is by the way, after finishing seventh in the league with us the Champions of Europe wanted him.
He does:

http://soccerlens.com/rafael-benitez...ter-job/63554/

Take a read. I'm sure you'll say it's a conspiracy against your beloved Rafa though.

Quote:
He also won the Spanish League with a team not called Barcalona or Real Madrid. Twice. And the UEFA Cup. And the World Club Championship.
And credit to him for the Valencia success. I have no bones with that. It was a long time ago though. I'm speaking about his recent success.

Quote:
But carry on with the Mourinho love in. As I said, when he does well with you it'll wind you up even more which will actually be enjoyable. Also get ready for some of your players to say how much he has made them better players. That happens a lot.
The only thing that will wind me up is if he is still a part of my club come summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snrub View Post
man management is part of the job, but success is a bigger part. success at tenerife, valencia, liverpool + individual awards outweighs his poor run at inter, while he still won a couple of cups. he fucked up, and i'm sure he'd admit it, but that doesn't make him a terrible manager.
Tenerife, Valencia and his trohpies at Liverpool were a long time ago. Why is it so hard to understand that his last years in work have been shocking?

Quote:
it's such a fine line. if rafa had come in and improved inter even more, people would be hailing what a genius he was at taking a great team and making it even better. instead the inter players resisted change (sound familiar joel?) and everything collapsed underneath him. players like materazzi (john terry) were complete tools and inter fell apart. hell, they still haven't recovered properly, they're on the up but rafa wanting different players wasn't the most ridiculous thing ever. full of old players on big wages. sound familiar again?
It's not that they resisted. It's that it did not suit them. But Rafa couldn't understand that could he? No. Like AVB it was either his way or no way. And like AVB he was rightfully sacked in less than a year. Unfortunately for Inter there was no fairytale ending like there was for Chelsea.

All Rafa had to do was bide his time. Finish the season strongly. Gain Moratti's full trust and he'd have money to spend. Or maybe there was just no money to spend, since they didn't really spend the season after (they had to sell Eto'o). Rafa should have known the situation.

Quote:
you can argue his time outside inter. you could argue taking tenerife and extremadura up to the top division. you could argue him winning 2 league titles with valencia. you could argue his champions league win. you could argue his numerous cup wins. you could argue his numerous personal awards. you could argue how he brought suso, sterling, shelvey and completely changed the liverpool academy. see, it's easy to pick and choose certain parts of his career to suit other arguments too.
I can simply say none of these awards and trophies are recent. Apart from the Coppa d'Italia and the Club World Cup, none of those trophies are from his last four years of management. That's all I have to say. It's that simple.

Bed time. Will reply to replies tomorrow.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome