Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

View Single Post

Old 11-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #4996 (permalink)
Bubz
All in the reflexes

Bubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenedone9 View Post
Toshiaki Kawada vs. Shinya Hashimoto (02/22/2004):****1/2

This will be the point in my life where I say I have not watched a ton of Hashimoto. That’s actually not true. I have watched MAYBE one match of his against Tenryu in a best of the 90s comp. I wasn’t too high on it considering all the great things I have heard about Hashimoto. This match made me want to hunt down this man’s best. He was a god damn treat in this match. I’m pretty sure if he wanted to he could have forced Kawada to drop dead right from the start with his death stare. That being said with the talent in this match it shouldn’t be all too surprising this is awesome. This match doesn’t rely on big bumps and near falls to be awesome. Hashimoto attacks Kawada’s leg and its real nice. Kawada sells it for a bit afterwards. Kawada attacks Hashimoto’s injured arm which is logical and well done here. My favorite of the match is essentially my favorite part of every Kawada match I’ve seen, JUMPING HEAD KICKS!!! I don’t know why I get such a pleasure from watching Kawada doing them. Hashimoto has big part of it this time though. The way he dangles there on the brink of falling had me on the edge of my sweet wondering if this kick would be the one. The towel finish was well done as well.
Honestly think this is my match of the last decade.

Kawada still remains my favourite wrestler ever (bar Austin maybe, but that's for completely different reasons, obvs), even after seeing loads of Hashimoto and Tenryu this year. Honestly thinking I prefer Tenryu to Hash at this point, but both guys fucking rule. Definitely nothing wrong with anyone preferring one over the other.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote