Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#1,627 · (Edited)
Re: NBA Thread: 12/13 Season - Where Chandler "MVP" Parsons reigns.

Dear Pringles, Brown, and GOAT BERNIE, please note how Pop handles his star players' schedules. Not the benching them part, but making sure they have adequate rest and are able to stay healthy throughout the season. And now note Kobe, in his 17th season with various injuries that he keeps playing through because he believes he's in fact a machine, something he is not. He has far too much pride to ask to be rested more or to sit out. So please, please take a page out of Pop's book and realize that a guy that has logged as many games and minutes as Bryant shouldn't be playing 37 MPG, especially after a season a season where he played even more in a lockout condensed schedule, and even more so because he's actually fucking injured. Thank you.

edit: I would also like to point out that Bryant going down with a long term or, even worse, a season ending injury would absolutely kill this team AND the fan base. The one thing that would crush everyone that supports the lakers or has anything to do with the Lakers would be that. So DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS RIGHT AND THE REST THE FUCKER.

#1,629 ·

I don't really want to say notorious was right about wade regressing, because I don't think that's actually happened, but the fact he's playing like he's still in his early 20s means that the guy will be absolutely done in 2-3 years. He's a fucking moron if he actually continues this.

#1,631 ·

Kobe was being Kobe before Nadal was known. The only problem is after 17 years it kind of becomes difficult to be that kind of Kobe. I think the reason he's going so hard is because it's his final two seasons, but I would still love for him to being these last two seasons while healthy.

#1,634 ·

That sentence holds true for every year since he became a starter. People really overlook Kobe's value to the team and it always seem they have. I honestly feel if he was ever actually injured people would begin to realize how important he really was to the team, something they probably won't realize until he retires.

#1,636 ·

The same applies for Duncan. his game gets completely overlooked and he doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves, although that might remain the case even after he retires, but we won't see another talent like him for a long time.

How many superstars have actually won 4+ rings like they have? There's Shaq, Jordan, Pippen, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, and the Russell Celtics? I really don't understand how people don't realize how special these players really are when they've been so damn successful in a league where only the very top teams compete every year.

#1,638 ·

You pretty much named all.

Duncan is the best PF of all-time in my eyes and it's not even arguable to me. It's also a shame that Duncan never won a DPOY, I think he should've got one of the four that Ben Wallace won.

#1,639 ·
#1,640 ·

lol saying sorry for a double post. I double post all the time. Editing is usually too much of a hassle and I really don't see the big deal about it all.

and I also love Woj. Him and Aldridge are usually my favorite guys when it comes to articles as they come off as they actually seem to love the sport and show a great understanding of it.

#1,641 ·

Woj got owned by Royce White on twitter a week or so ago Lol

#1,646 ·

Honestly three years from now will be sad times. KG, Duncan, Nash, Dirk and Kobe all gone. The players I grew up watching, the ones that lasted at least, will finally all be gone and replaced with players that show the same values at all. Sure, Nash finally broke that "hate" somewhat by joining the Lakers, but for years these guys were rivals and played each other in playoffs nearly every year, building true rivalries where the teams genuinely seemed to dislike each other. Now we get the Super Friends playing against other Super Friends, when they're all really friends. Ugh, I feel as though I'm going to hate the league very soon. Hell, I don't even like Dwight that much and will be forced to have him as our cornerstone for the foreseeable future.

#1,649 · (Edited)

Doc is overrated.

Look on the bright side, 3 years from now the SuperFriends era guys (LeBron, Melo, Dwight, Wade, CP3, etc.) will all start to be getting up there in age and probably already declining or starting to decline and we'll have new guys and some of the young guys now (Durant, Kyrie, Davis, etc.) as the top stars in the league.

#1,654 ·

Doc is overrated.

Look on the bright side, 3 years from now the SuperFriends era guys (LeBron, Melo, Dwight, Wade, CP3, etc.) will all start to be getting up there in age and probably already declining or starting to decline and we'll have new guys and some of the young guys now (Durant, Kyrie, Davis, etc.) as the top stars in the league.
I doubt LeBron really declines until about 5-7 seasons from now

#1,650 ·

Doc really isn't the coach that Pop is. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying Phil isn't as good of coach as him as Phil always had one of the best rosters in the league given to him while the Spurs scouted and found gems that no one else saw.

#1,651 ·

Sometimes I wish that after the 2010 Finals loss, Danny Ainge would've blown the team up like he originally planned to and Doc either retired or went to another team, and we promoted Tom Thibodeau to be our head coach.

#1,653 ·

lol @ Stern. Big time. Apologizes to fans for Pop resting his stars and gets a massive amount of backlash go his way while every fan out there defends Pop. Not exactly a smart move. Thank god he's gone after 2014, I honestly can't see Silver being this much of a blowhard.

#1,655 · (Edited)

I have faith in Silver, I think he'll be an upgrade over Stern.

Silver came out and defended Pop last night after Stern pretty much threatened to fine them for sitting their starters. Silver pretty much said that Pop knew what he was doing. All Stern cares about is money, that's it. He doesn't care about the fans, all he cares about is ratings. While I'm not saying Silver won't care about money, I don't think he'll be as bad as Stern is. Stern is the reason why the NBA markets superstars so heavily now. That's how he chose to market the NBA, not teams but the star players. Don't market the Chicago Bulls as a team, market Michael Jordan. Don't market the Los Angeles Lakers as a team, market Magic or Kareem or Kobe. Don't market the Cleveland Cavaliers as a team, market LeBron. Don't market the Rockets as a team, market Hakeem or Yao. The list goes on and on.

I actually think Stern is an indirect cause for the SuperFriends era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.